IGNORED

2DS / 3DS on Wii U

Draikar

With the Wii U having the gamepad screen why no DS player like the GameBoy player ? And with 3D TV's it seems like you could even play them in 3D or just 2D. I know many only like to play hand held games on hand held systems and a GameBoy player would shrink the screen size on a TV but I know there are some who like to have the option to play on the TV. Since you can play PSVita on TV with the PSVita TV system you would think Nintendo would make it possible too.

Probably a stupid but I always enjoyed this option with the GameBoy series.

That would be nice but for some reason we never get the cool stuff that comes out in Japan (VitaTV is a device only available in Japan).

I don't think there's a device like that for Nintendo though but even if there was I kind of think it wouldn't be available here.

Check this out

My Quest to Play 3DS Games on My TV:

http://kotaku.com/my-quest-to-play-3ds-games-on-my-tv-1512835011

That would be nice but for some reason we never get the cool stuff that comes out in Japan (VitaTV is a device only available in Japan).

I don't think there's a device like that for Nintendo though but even if there was I kind of think it wouldn't be available here.

I was under the impression that Sony has plans to release the Vita TV here.

If a similar device or add-on was made for Nintendo's handhelds, I don't see why they wouldn't release it here. They have with most of their similar devices in the past (Game Cube Game Boy Player, Super Game Boy).

Nintendo has already announced that they will be bringing DS games to the Wii U Virtual Console. Because of this, I doubt we'll ever see a "DS Player' type device.

I missed it when it was announced, but it looks like you are correct. I hope this happens.. As with the GBA games, I'll be first in line if any of the Castlevania games come to it, haha.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/29/5359746/nintendo-ds-games-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console

I'd love to see a 3DS Player for the Wii U. Sadly, I think we'll have to just make do with the announced Virtual Console DS downloads for this generation.

With it being apparent that Nintendo's two lines will be having a lot of commonality in the future, maybe that will be an opening to play these games on tv's if they go with an evolution of the ARM processor instead of the PowerPC line for their next generation hardware.

• Like 1

Many of the DS games I would play are the ones I have and got new and do to many of them being Mario games the Virtual console would charge more for (or they used to with Mario in the title), anyway I don't want to buy them again under the Virtual Console.

Very few releases on the Virtual Console across all their platforms deviate from a standard price point. Virtually always, something like Super Mario Brothers 3 goes for the same price as lesser titles like Pinball go for.

Beyond an extra buck or two for imports, often a cheap excuse for a higher cost since most didn't see any special effort like a translation, I'm not sure that there were even any exceptions until Earthbound popped up on the Wii U ($10 instead of the usual $8, I believe). And now GBA downloads have a variable pricing model.

There, some GBA titles are $7 while the more popular titles go for a dollar more. And frankly, that's probably in our favor since I bet most would've bet on $8 being the standard price point for GBA downloads thanks to that being what SuperNes downloads typically go for.

Edited by Atariboy