IGNORED

Project Beast (FROM Software)

cimerians

I hope this is real:

http://kotaku.com/rumored-project-beast-clips-sure-look-incredible-1583599618?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

What a great time to be an RPG fan these days.

I kind of wish they would make an easier game for all players out there. I'm generally a fan of Dark Souls but I think even more people could get into these brutal RPG's if they had difficulty settings to give non gamers a chance. Maybe I'm wrong. :D

Huge Demon's / Dark Souls fan here, and very excited by this! Can't wait till E3 to find out more.

As for the difficulty, have you tried Dark Souls 2 yet? I found it to be much easier then the first game. So much so that I already received the Platinum trophy for it, and I still don't have that for the original game.

I've had a thought too that since Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls, they should really do an enhanced PS4 version. I'd play it again with improved graphics, plus a lot of 360 owners jumped ship and bought a PS4 instead of an XOne and for them this would be a new game.

Huge Demon's / Dark Souls fan here, and very excited by this! Can't wait till E3 to find out more.

As for the difficulty, have you tried Dark Souls 2 yet? I found it to be much easier then the first game. So much so that I already received the Platinum trophy for it, and I still don't have that for the original game.

I'm waiting for a deal on Steam to get the PC version of Dark Souls 2 and I'm busy with the backlog. I played Demons Souls, got beat up quite a bit but never finished it. I finally sat down and mastered Dark Souls and beat it last summer. I kind of preferred Demons Souls a little bit more with the central hub thing where you talk to the lady to gain levels. I heard its kind of like that in D2.It also seemed creepier. Not that Dark Souls wasn't creepy. The four kings area was nerve racking and tough to beat them.

Really looking forward to seeing what this is all about.

I'm waiting for a deal on Steam to get the PC version of Dark Souls 2 and I'm busy with the backlog. I played Demons Souls, got beat up quite a bit but never finished it. I finally sat down and mastered Dark Souls and beat it last summer. I kind of preferred Demons Souls a little bit more with the central hub thing where you talk to the lady to gain levels. I heard its kind of like that in D2.It also seemed creepier. Not that Dark Souls wasn't creepy. The four kings area was nerve racking and tough to beat them.

Really looking forward to seeing what this is all about.

I had the same experience when I first played Demon's Souls. I really wanted to like it but I gave up in frustration. Then when Dark Souls came out I decided to give it a try and I found it a little easier to get into and stuck with it and eventually I finished it. Then I went back and played Demon's Souls again and flew through the game in two weeks. Once I knew what I was doing it was a lot easier and I loved it. You should give it another shot now and see what you think.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very cool:

"If you were worried that Bloodborne would deviate from the Souls formula, then you were mistaken. Based on my time with the game, From Software's next is a Souls title through and through. Having said that, it manages to create a style that channels the best of Souls foreboding and bleak atmosphere, while upping the level of dread considerably."

http://www.destructoid.com/bloodborne-is-bleak-and-unforgiving-279524.phtml

Health system explained here:

http://www.destructoid.com/bloodborne-s-health-regaining-system-detailed-279546.phtml

HUD info here:

http://www.destructoid.com/bloodborne-s-hud-has-dedicated-healing-items-in-their-own-slot-279549.phtml

I still haven't beaten Dark Souls II............