IGNORED

Halo or Gears? That's the question

Nyuundere

30 members have voted

1. 1. What of the following are the best game series?

• Halo
    • Gears Of War
    • Other (vote & comment on post)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The definitive poll, i'm here to resurrect the antique rivality between Halo and Gears Of War series c:!

So, the question is ¿Halo or Gears?.

We need to remember some things. Halo is one of the hits of Xbox, full charged of a good history, badass aliens, a really cute A.I (Cortana) and a really good soundtrack, with a lot of emotion, tears and heroism. And Master Chief is simply one important icon over the videogames history.

The other side, is Gears Of War, the cover-and-attack system was a revolution on 2005, when the first GoW comes to the market. The following titles, Gears Of War 2 and Gears Of War 3, just was a crazy ball of action, bullets and blood (a lot of blood). Gears Of War Judgment disapointed some fans, but, it's a great piece of cake too!

The last word is your vote. ¿Gears or Halo?, it's your choice.

Personally, Halo for me. I really enjoyed the first GoW, it was an all-around great game. However I found the campaign of the second game to be wildly lackluster, so much so I had no desire to play part 3. Halo on the other hand still offers fun single player experiences for me, even up through to Halo 4. And of course, like with GoW, the multi-player is still good as well.

My preferences aside, I see little point in comparing the two, as they are pretty different games from one-another.

• Like 1

The Halo trilogy is one of my favorite FPS series of all time for the campaigns. I played the first two Gears of War games and while the first one was mindblowing, I never felt as driven to finish off the series or anticipate the release of the third iteration as I did for the Halo franchise.

• Like 1

I have to go with Halo.

I've played them all and had a fun time with each!

I tried to get into Gears, I have 1,2 and 3. Only have ever played the first couple levels of Gear #1.

I never played the others because I didn't want to start them without finishing #1, and have never finished #1.

It's is a great game. I loved playing co-op. I really need to find a partner and go try again.

Way more of a Halo fan. I've played every single Halo from CE to Spartan Assault and have read most of the books and some of the comics. I find the Halo universe far more interesting than Gears universe. I finished Gears 1-3, but didn't even bother with the 4th game, as I was burnt out on the series by then.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Played all the main games on both from start to finish, inc Halo Wars, read a lot of the books+Graphic Novels, watched the animated series etc, so spent a lot of hours witth both series.

It has to be Halo for myself, Gears 2 was fantastic, but others i've simply not been that taken with.The much vaunted cover system was done on PS2 era games like Kill.Switch and Rogue Trooper and i was burnt out by end of Gears 3. Just recently played 4th, needless edition i felt.

Halo has had it's ups n downs (ODT, Halo 2 in particular) but Reach was 1 of my all time fav.360 games.

I haven't played through the more recent titles in either series but Gears 1 had an amazing campaign. Dark, horrific, and challenging. It's one of the only games I've beaten on the hardest difficulty. Buddy of mine and I just kept playing through it because we loved it so much.

It is an amazing game.

• 2 months later...

Still deciding so it's both right now...

Weird thing is I like the spinoff games like Halo:Reach & Judgement better than the orginal main games cause the characters are more believable. Halo Annerversity plays way better with the 360 controler than the orginal did on the Duke so I picking up MCC for the same reason. And also GoW: Ultimate Edition for the gameplay and cutscene improvements.

Disclaimer: I play them for single player campaigns more than the online matches which I no longer do...

• 11 months later...

Played all the main games on both from start to finish, inc Halo Wars, read a lot of the books+Graphic Novels, watched the animated series etc, so spent a lot of hours witth both series.

It has to be Halo for myself, Gears 2 was fantastic, but others i've simply not been that taken with.The much vaunted cover system was done on PS2 era games like Kill.Switch and Rogue Trooper and i was burnt out by end of Gears 3. Just recently played 4th, needless edition i felt.

Halo has had it's ups n downs (ODT, Halo 2 in particular) but Reach was 1 of my all time fav.360 games.

Really? Halo 2 more than Halo 5? Halo 2 had the best multiplayer experience of them all.

Love Gears of War, and with the fail of Halo 5 I was tempted to vote for GoW, but Halo has given me way too many hours of good times and memories, not to mention friends, that it has to be Halo.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...