IGNORED

Congratulations - To All 100 PMP 30th Anniversary Cart Gift Winners!

Trebor

I just visually scanned the list. There's 35 names not yet marked as paid. 21 of those "upaid" names are past #60 on the list. That's slightly over half of those in the upper 40, as of whatever time the list was last updated. I think it would be wise to send out PMs to these people, just saying. That way we can find out which ones were serious about paying. For those not, we can open up their slot to additional people as a sort of "last call". There were a ton of "me too"s in the original thread. Several of the member names in the upper 40 may not even realize the list was expanded to 100.

Yeah its even titled 100 pmp carts.. they would have to know. How did they find out in the first place on fox news??

Hopefully its not the me too,no pay, then want a year later on ebay syndrome. Kinda how boulder dash went on the 2600.

Yeah its even titled 100 pmp carts.. they would have to know. How did they find out in the first place on fox news??

Hopefully its not the me too,no pay, then want a year later on ebay syndrome. Kinda how boulder dash went on the 2600.

Well, whomever misses out on this one is really going to regret it. To buy all of these titles individually will end up costing them a tidy sum ($240 + shipping). I can imagine the value of these carts skyrocketing later on down the line within the "flipper" community….sad but true.

Well, whomever misses out on this one is really going to regret it. To buy all of these titles individually will end up costing them a tidy sum ($240 + shipping). I can imagine the value of these carts skyrocketing later on down the line within the "flipper" community….sad but true.

Yes, if you look at the list and some of those peoples post counts etc., I would say at least 15% were purchased for speculative future ebay sales. The thing is though, that isn't going to work out so well, we will just make more, once that happens. :P ;)

• Like 2

Yes, if you look at the list and some of those peoples post counts etc., I would say at least 15% were purchased for speculative future ebay sales. The thing is though, that isn't going to work out so well, we will just make more, once that happens. :P ;)

That is good to hear! I wish that was an option more often with homebrew projects such as this. Sadly, I am aware that most home-brewers do not have the time, resources or funds to do so. It is clearly easier and more cost effective to create these in batches.

I have missed out on a few homebrew projects in the past, that now will cost me an arm, leg and kidney to purchase on the "flipper" market. I guess the early bird gets the worm and the lazy bird has to deal with ePay usually. It's refreshing to hear that it won't happen with this project! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Opening post has been updated to include gift donations received since the last update.

A group PM has been sent to any whose gift donation has not been received yet. Note: Potential gift recipient "96. phaxda" is not able to use or receive messages. If anyone knows this user or can reach them via another method - feel free to do so.

Any individual PM's have been responded to concerning shipping cost for International gift recipients.

Thank you all.

Opening post has been updated to include gift donations received since the last update.

A group PM has been sent to any whose gift donation has not been received yet. Note: Potential gift recipient "96. phaxda" is not able to use or receive messages. If anyone knows this user or can reach them via another method - feel free to do so.

Any individual PM's have been responded to concerning shipping cost for International gift recipients.

Thank you all.

If Phanda has notifications on quoting that one somewhere would do it too- I get my e-mail notifications really well.

I have to withdraw, I didn't realize the list had been bumped up to 100 :? haha I generally would *never* withdraw but I am springing for one of the 7800 NVRAM devkits, and my wife would kill me if I spent much more than that on my "toys" so soon. :P

Edited by Loktar
  • Like 1

I have to withdraw, I didn't realize the list had been bumped up to 100 :? haha I generally would *never* withdraw but I am springing for one of the 7800 NVRAM devkits, and my wife would kill me if I spent much more than that on my "toys" so soon. :P

Following demand after "100. cOLeCoHiTMan", replacing Loktar, the new '97.' potential gift recipient will be: MrBeefy.

Notification via the aforementioned group PM has been provided to MrBeefy.

It would be helpful, if anyone who showed interest, who is now having second-thoughts or otherwise isn't able to follow through, would be so forward as to say so (this could be done through PM), as it would be a great help moving this ahead. No shame in dropping out, if you need to. There have been times where my funds have run short, or other things have come up.

Payment sent! This is my first (homebrew?) purchase outside of Intellivision, so I'm excited. Actually I'm pretty sure I bought Halo 2600, so this is my first for the Atari 7800.

I saw this thread when it was new and it seemed like a great opportunity to pick up a bunch of great new games at a great price. I totally forgot about it and never realized that it was extended to 100 carts. A big thanks to krslam for sending me a heads up PM. I probably would have never noticed that I made the list. I assumed I'd get a PM with payment instructions :P

Anyway, a big thanks to all those involved. Hopefully this will sell me on the 7800 and get me playing it more. In all honesty, I'm new to it and have barely played mine since picking it up a few years ago. I think I have Asteroids, Centipede, Choplifter!, Joust, Karateka, Pole Position, Realsports Baseball, and Tower Toppler (all loose). I think I also have a CIB Dark Chambers. If there are any other (affordable) must haves for the 7800, feel free to suggest more games. I really need to take a break from collecting and play a bit :-D

Just to keep everyone on the same page, no person(s) is holding these carts from shipping out. The deadline for gift payment to be received is before, Friday, June 20th to ensure you receive one. If that deadline is missed, there's no guarantee you will receive one and likely your cart will be offered to the next person in line. Also, please do not worry if the OP list is not updated daily; again, if you make your gift payment before Friday, June 20th, you will be among those shipping soon.

The carts will probably be going out at 20-25 a clip once I have the boxes from 'USPS'. I tried the PO by my residence and my work place and both were short inventory, could not provide me any, as well as claimed they would only take a couple of days to be shipped to me once I ordered online. Evidently, a couple of days translates to a few weeks in the real world as the boxes are finally shipped out from USPS and scheduled to arrive to me this week.

Those still outstanding after the last group of carts ships out will be the only ones who will have to wait for all a part of that same group to pay, as I'm trying to avoid making trips for one or two carts to go out at a time. Once again, if you have paid or will pay before Friday, June 20th, you will be among those that are shipped out in the upcoming days.

Hang tight folks, I've got 100 99 carts already bubbled wrapped and ready to be placed inside boxes. They will be going out, ASAP. :)

• Like 1