IGNORED

Congratulations - To All 100 PMP 30th Anniversary Cart Gift Winners!

Trebor

Obviously I'm in no rush, but I'm curious if there's an ETA as to when our carts will ship. Are you gonna wait until you've received payment for all 100 carts and ship them in one big group, or start shipping them early for people who've already paid?

Again, special thanks to PacmanPlus, CPUWiz, Trebor, as well as everyone else involved... :grin:

Edited by stardust4ever

LMAO, yup, old is right. I started programming 6502 assembly code around the time you were born. :P That is, if your profile is accurate, which means you were 3 when I had my first game published. ;)

Hippie? LOL Not a tree hugger either, if trees were tasty, there would be a lot less left.

The shades are only for the picture, as you can see, I have my real glasses in my hand. They are there, so people aren't disturbed by red glowing eyes. ;)

Great, now I feel old and all I wanted is to show off Bob's logo to the "real" gaming community. :skull:

<grabs walker>

<cough>

<Benny, my last wish is a Shatner modification>

<......BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP>

Your wish….

post-29022-0-26873800-1402634029_thumb.jpg

…has been granted!!!

:grin:

• Like 5

Are you gonna wait until you've received payment for all 100 carts and ship them in one big group, or start shipping them early for people who've already paid?

The game plan is to start shipping carts on the 20th or sooner, unless your position starts with the number 1 and ends with the number 6, that's been reserved for a special 35th Anniversary shipment.

A double bonus if your AtariAge name also features the number "4"...that gets shipped out on the 40th Anniversary. :evil:

Seriously, trying to minimize numerous trips to the PO, and also want to get this in everyone's hands as quickly and efficiently as possible. ;)

I hope you pick up a system before the cart arrives. It's going to be a tad bit difficult to fully appreciate this cart without one. :)

• Like 2

Is there anything special about the carts outside just how awesome they are and how much work went into them? I'm only asking because my username in the list is still misspelled, but if that doesn't matter then I'm none too worried about it.

Can't wait these bad boys to go out!

Greetings from E3, thousands of people from the gaming community saw Bob's logo today, caught a couple of interesting looks. :D

And a hello from Sean Kelly, Joe Santulli and John Hardy, who were present with the Classic Gaming Museum (bigger than ever). :cool:

That's awesome. :D I need to make it out to E3 one of these years.

The game plan is to start shipping carts on the 20th or sooner, unless your position starts with the number 1 and ends with the number 6, that's been reserved for a special 35th Anniversary shipment.

A double bonus if your AtariAge name also features the number "4"...that gets shipped out on the 40th Anniversary. :evil:

Awww shucks, now I have to wait until the 40th anniversary? I'll be in my mid 40s by then. :_(

Seriously, trying to minimize numerous trips to the PO, and also want to get this in everyone's hands as quickly and efficiently as possible. ;)

I hope you pick up a system before the cart arrives. It's going to be a tad bit difficult to fully appreciate this cart without one. :)

20th June sounds good by all means. Don't overstress yourself.

I have some good news regarding my 7800 situation: I called up Best Electronics earlier today and they will be shipping me a minty AV modded 7800 with a Euro style CX78 joypad. I also ordered two dust covers (one each for my 2600 and 7800), a set of replacement switches for my 4-switch 2600, and a pair of "Super" pots for my paddles. LOL, they are so old skool they way they handle their business. I don't remember the last time I gave out my CC info over the phone. Now-a-days I just go online, browse, add to cart, do the little Paypal thing, and check out. ;-)

I assume my 7800 will be arriving sooner than the homebrew cart, so I also picked up a silver label Xevious cart at my local Game-X-Change (decent game for $1.95, but more importantly it was the only 7800 game they had; looked so lonely next to all those crappy 2600 games). At least I'll have something to play besides "Jinx" while I wait for the 30th anniversary homebrew to arrive. :P

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Cool, the thing with Best is that they can handle old-school, unlike many other people. I order from them by emailing Bradley and in order to pay via PayPal, he sends me a money request, which I pay with a credit card, instead of PayPal. I just dropped a few hundred with him recently.

You will be seriously impressed by the shipping speed and packaging, you could drop a 300 pound postal worker on the boxes he sent me and they would have survived. In both cases recently, I ordered on a Thursday evening and had the package on Saturday.

Plus the packaging tape brings a smile to your face. ;)

Make sure you take a peek at the enclosed paperwork, if you get it.

• Like 5

Thanks CPU. I figured phone would be faster than email because I could give them the info they needed right then rather than waste time sending an email, waiting for an invoice and hoping the spam filter didn't zap it. I'm really grateful Best exists, otherwise all that wonderful old Atari stock would have been deposited in a landfill. After all, it happened in '83 New Mexico and it could have happened again during the 90s.

Also as a true testament to doing things the old-fashioned way, their low-tech website looks like it was lifted strait out of the mid 1990s. I like to think I would have no trouble browsing it on a Windows 3.1 jalopey with Netscape Navigator 1.0 and a 14.4k modem. Not that I'd really want too. :P

Is there anything special about the carts outside just how awesome they are and how much work went into them? I'm only asking because my username in the list is still misspelled, but if that doesn't matter then I'm none too worried about it.

It shouldn't matter - Sorry for the typo - List has been corrected, o.pwuaoic o.pwuaioc. :)

• Like 1

You will be seriously impressed by the shipping speed and packaging...

Plus the packaging tape...

...enclosed paperwork...

:thumbsup: Just emphasizing those points.

I was impressed and happy from those things alone; to say the least about the mint condition A/V mod console I received from Best.

Maybe my original projection was more accurate, 60 + 10, there are still 35 holdouts and you heard Trebor, they are making you wait for the cart. :ponder:

Although, I know many people from the list and they probably just haven't seen this thread.

Thanks CPU. I figured phone would be faster than email because I could give them the info they needed right then rather than waste time sending an email, waiting for an invoice and hoping the spam filter didn't zap it. I'm really grateful Best exists, otherwise all that wonderful old Atari stock would have been deposited in a landfill. After all, it happened in '83 New Mexico and it could have happened again during the 90s.

Also as a true testament to doing things the old-fashioned way, their low-tech website looks like it was lifted strait out of the mid 1990s. I like to think I would have no trouble browsing it on a Windows 3.1 jalopey with Netscape Navigator 1.0 and a 14.4k modem. Not that I'd really want too. :P

Maybe they should set up an actual BBS then. It might be a more pleasant browsing experience!

I was on a 2 week vacation when this thread started.

Anyone that vacationed over Memorial Day may have overlooked, or may just be waiting until another Friday payday.

I should have waited and paid from my bank, but like a dummy I PayPaled with the credit card.

I contacted one person on the list who said he was waiting on his bank.

See, I helped! (It was just one person who knew anyway.)