IGNORED

Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman: June 2014

Hi all. Some of you may know me from various other classic gaming forums, or possibly from my Splatterhouse website West Mansion. And some of you may even know that I wrote a book a few years back about growing up during the "golden age" of videogames, entitled Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman. It was discontinued in 2009, but for the past couple of years I've been working on a new edition that's being released this month. Check out the website for the book here:

http://memoirsofavirtualcaveman.net

A lot of people have contributed to it, and I've interviewed several industry veterans for it too. If any of you are interested in checking it out when it hits, I hope you enjoy it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to bump this thread for Rob and for all of AtariAge to get a second look at. If you have never pulled the trigger on buying this book, but you were on the fence, I highly recommend that you do. And I'm not saying that because I consider Rob the author an "online buddy" or even because I have 5 stories of my own in the book... I'm saying it because I think it's a quality product worth investing in. And quite frankly, there aren't many like it in this niche genre of "video game nostalgia" books.

It's nice to hold a thick book and be transported to the '80s and '90s with all these old school video gaming tales from the "golden age" of gaming. A really fun read and I have a lot of nostalgia already for it. Summer 2014 wasn't all that long ago, but already it feels like another lifetime, heh. I think I blew through the 472 pages in like a week. The bite-sized stories move fast and it's great reading perspectives from 20 different gamers of varying generations. The interviews with industry insiders tucked in at the end of the book are a nice bonus, too.

It's basically Chicken Soup for the Retro Gamer