IGNORED

How to check your Wii U (deluxe) account

cimerians

Like what? :) Seriously.. I'd be interested in what are good titles, and what prices I missed.

And lol.. I've talked about this before.. but the Nintendo stores make it hard to go in and see the games they are offering. For example if ANYONE can explain to me how to browse to find Super Hang On or Galaxy Force on the 3DS shop they win the virtual cookie prize...because I have zero idea. :lol:

And no.. entering an explicit search for it doesn't count

Like what? :) Seriously.. I'd be interested in what are good titles, and what prices I missed.

You didn't miss that much, so don't worry about it.

Personally, I've spent the most of my money on Virtual Console titles. The indie releases? Meh. There's not much that you can't get elsewhere in that regard, at better prices to boot. Nintendo's "sales" are pretty ridiculous. It's nothing like what you will get on a Steam sale. Maybe I've just been spoiled by that distribution platform, heh.

Here is some of the stuff I've downloaded to see if any of it interests you. I've highlighted my favourites

NES Remix 1 - this is great fun, lots of challenges in old NES games, very addicitve, great time waster.

NES Remix 2 - as above.

Another World - the classic game, can play with new graphics or original

Art Academy: SketchPad - good if you're an artist, but doesn't include lessons. I've seen people do amazing things with it on Miiverse

Child of Light - amazing side scrolling game with JRPG-inspired combat, one of my favourite games

How to Survive - isometic view zombie killing game, I've enjoyed it

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - two D&D arcade games, great if you like side scrolling hack and slash

Trine 2: Directors Cut - another favourite, platform, puzzle, action game

Little Inferno - burn combinations of stuff to unlock more stuff, sounds wierd but I couldn't stop playing

Puddle - move fluids through maze by tilting control, was OK but didn't hook me

Block Drop U - simple puzzle game, not very long but it was cheap, there is going to be more levels for free

Rush - puzzle game, haven't played it much

Edge - excellent puzzle game

Toki Tori - fun platform puzzle game

Toki Tori 2+ - as above but very different to the first

Pure Chess - no explaination needed

Dr. Luigi - Updated version of Dr.Mario with some new game modes and online play

Pullblox World - just got this, haven't played it myself yet but the kids have been enjoying it

Mighty Switch Force: Hyperdrive Edition - 3DS platform game with updated graphics

Mighty Switch Force 2 - same as 3DS version, graphics not update for this one

Kung Fu Rabbit - simple platform game

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams - great platform game, really hard

BIT.TRIP Runner 2 - fun running game, and narrated by the voice of Mario

Shovel Knight - this is a masterpiece, feels like you are playing a NES game that got everything right

Zen Pinball 2 - lots of table to download, I've got the Fantsic Four and Guardians of the Galaxy tables so far

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails - haven't played a lot of it yet but fun shooter where you ride along the walls

Xtype+ - zen bullet hell - simple game but amazing

TNT Racers - kind of like Micro Machines, didn't hook me like the 16 bit games, terrible music

PIKMIN Short Movies HD - just some movies by Miyamoto, great if you like Pikmin

Pokemon Rumble U - top down arena fighting game with Pokemon

Wii Sport Club - the sports games from the original Wii Sports game, you can play them online and can just buy the ones you want, I've only got Bowling so far

Also DLC counts towards your premium points, like Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8 expansions.

I know you can get some of these one other platforms, and probably for cheaper.

• Like 1

Here is some of the stuff I've downloaded to see if any of it interests you. I've highlighted my favourites

NES Remix 1 - this is great fun, lots of challenges in old NES games, very addicitve, great time waster.

NES Remix 2 - as above.

Another World - the classic game, can play with new graphics or original

Art Academy: SketchPad - good if you're an artist, but doesn't include lessons. I've seen people do amazing things with it on Miiverse

Child of Light - amazing side scrolling game with JRPG-inspired combat, one of my favourite games

How to Survive - isometic view zombie killing game, I've enjoyed it

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - two D&D arcade games, great if you like side scrolling hack and slash

Trine 2: Directors Cut - another favourite, platform, puzzle, action game

Little Inferno - burn combinations of stuff to unlock more stuff, sounds wierd but I couldn't stop playing

Puddle - move fluids through maze by tilting control, was OK but didn't hook me

Block Drop U - simple puzzle game, not very long but it was cheap, there is going to be more levels for free

Rush - puzzle game, haven't played it much

Edge - excellent puzzle game

Toki Tori - fun platform puzzle game

Toki Tori 2+ - as above but very different to the first

Pure Chess - no explaination needed

Dr. Luigi - Updated version of Dr.Mario with some new game modes and online play

Pullblox World - just got this, haven't played it myself yet but the kids have been enjoying it

Mighty Switch Force: Hyperdrive Edition - 3DS platform game with updated graphics

Mighty Switch Force 2 - same as 3DS version, graphics not update for this one

Kung Fu Rabbit - simple platform game

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams - great platform game, really hard

BIT.TRIP Runner 2 - fun running game, and narrated by the voice of Mario

Shovel Knight - this is a masterpiece, feels like you are playing a NES game that got everything right

Zen Pinball 2 - lots of table to download, I've got the Fantsic Four and Guardians of the Galaxy tables so far

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails - haven't played a lot of it yet but fun shooter where you ride along the walls

Xtype+ - zen bullet hell - simple game but amazing

TNT Racers - kind of like Micro Machines, didn't hook me like the 16 bit games, terrible music

PIKMIN Short Movies HD - just some movies by Miyamoto, great if you like Pikmin

Pokemon Rumble U - top down arena fighting game with Pokemon

Wii Sport Club - the sports games from the original Wii Sports game, you can play them online and can just buy the ones you want, I've only got Bowling so far

Also DLC counts towards your premium points, like Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8 expansions.

I know you can get some of these one other platforms, and probably for cheaper.

Thank You! Those who can't find good games to play are simply blind. It doesn't have to be a AAA release or cost $50+ to be worth buying...

Thank You! Those who can't find good games to play are simply blind. It doesn't have to be a AAA release or cost $50+ to be worth buying...

And again, no one is blind, pretty much all of those asides from the Nintendo releases can be had elsewhere. And even many of those Nintendo releases on that list are on physical disc now which is something most of us here will be more attracted to. No one is arguing they aren't there, it's just that talking the Wii U up like it's some special, magical indie box is talking it up far more than its worth.

And again, no one is blind, pretty much all of those asides from the Nintendo releases can be had elsewhere. And even many of those Nintendo releases on that list are on physical disc now which is something most of us here will be more attracted to. No one is arguing they aren't there, it's just that talking the Wii U up like it's some special, magical indie box is talking it up far more than its worth.

I bought Wii-U primarily for Mario. Indie games are like icing on a cake. If you want a real "Indie Box" get an Ouya! :P

Just a reminder that there's only two days left to rack up ddp rewards. The $5 reward codes can be redeemed until March but purchases have to be made before New Years.

I'm $12 short of reaching my second ddp reward and can't decide between Dr Luigi or a Pushmo World/Little Inferno combo. Not enthusiastic about either purchase, but the $5 reward deadline is drawing me into an impulse buy.

Dr Luigi is just Dr Mario with bastardized "L" shaped pieces.

Pushmo is a charming puzzle game where you climb on block structures and push/pull the blocks to reach your goal. There's also a rewind function in case you mess up. You'll be using it a lot. It's really fun and the latter puzzles get challenging.

Little Inferno just defies all logic and gaming conventions. You get a fireplace and you order stuff from a catalog to burn, which awards you with more coins to order. You get awarded combos for burning certain items together. Surprizingly addictive but there isn't a lot of replay value after you beat the game. You can't help but smile though as some of the items fail in fantastical ways.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!

I like Dr Mario, so a hi-def Luigi version with a few new modes is tempting but I can wait for a sale price week. Going to get Pushmo World and Little Inferno. They'll put me over the ddp threshold and give me enough club nintendo points to get the Smash Bros poster set. Bonus!

Games are 70 dollars? Yikes! Please be aware only digital purchases count towards the Deluxe promotion. If physical games counted, I'd be rolling in eShop dough. :P

Yeah normal wii u game price is 64.00CAD last time I checked. Bought 2 with tax is 140.00. So disc copies dont count for anything. I am ok then no need to panic.

You can also register the disc games for points. There is a code in the dust cover / manual area.

Different kind of points.. And actually, you register them for coins, Club Nintendo coins. It's unrelated to the Digital Deluxe promotion they are running.

Different kind of points.. And actually, you register them for coins, Club Nintendo coins. It's unrelated to the Digital Deluxe promotion they are running.

Right, shoulda been more clear. I guess I just read it as the discs weren't use for any promotion. I just call them all points in my head. I'll back away quietly into the shadows now.

Right, shoulda been more clear. I guess I just read it as the discs weren't use for any promotion. I just call them all points in my head. I'll back away quietly into the shadows now.

Haha, don't worry about it. I just figured that there's enough confusion here as-is already and it would be best to clarify. :)

Yeah in the US, retail titles are $60 whether you download or buy in a store. In Europe and other places, the downloads are actually more expensive. South America, they are cheaper due to ridiculous import fees on physical goods.

Honestly I strongly believe in buying retail as opposed to download because it supports future resale markets. You get a physical disc + case and unlimited transfers. You can resale your game for store credit if you decide you don't want it anymore. This gives retail games added value to the consumer compared to digital. Also there's no distribution chain for digital goods so the cost of production is less.

Downloads are almost 100% profit for 1st party games compated to retail. 3rd parties get a large cut as well, which is likely higher than royalties on physical sales. So digital is a more attractive option for company, whereas retail is more attractive to gamers/collectors. Either way, the download should be cheaper than retail to reflect this. I believe paying $40 to download a $60 retail game would be more fair due to the reduced costs associated with them.

For those of us who complete surveys for Club Nintendo Points, there is an added bonus: Ppoints codes for retail games can be hoarded every year and redeemed whenever it is convenient to fill surveys for the purpose of achieving Platinum. I've made plat every year by hoarding past points codes. In some instances, I've purchased used CIB games which 98% of the time have unredeemed point codes in them. I paid $4.95 for Steel Driver used; filled out a survey for 40 points. eShop games, you have a deadline to redeem points (recently Nintendo drastically shortened the deadlines for registration surveys), and I've missed many of those. Either way, I'm 7x Platinum. I've almost earned it for 2015 but was extremely disappointed with the 2014 Platinum rewards. "Digital" prizes suck... :P

The other great thing about Club Nintendo coins is that you can put them towards free items, some physical, some digital. Since the physical goods have been lacking these last couple of years, every 200 coins I pick out a free Virtual Console title I don't have (assuming the three to six they have available each month are ones I don't already have).

I too check the codes that come with used games. I bought Hyrule Warriors used and the code was still good. Likewise, I bought a boxed DSi XL used a couple of months back and the code there still worked as well (that actually surprised me, but I'll take it--it was over 100 Club Nintendo coins).

The Nintendo prizes have been severely lacking as of late.. I was really hoping to get another Game & Watch Ball reproduction but it appears those days are gone. :P Seems they're pushing the "virtual" awards route and it just isn't all that tbh.

Yeah, I suspect it's because they aren't doing nearly as well as they were in the original Wii days when the Game & Watch Ball was offered

Nintendo had money rolling out their buttholes in the DS/Wii era, so they could afford to spoil those elite fans who registered everything with cool prizes.

If the platinum reward for 2015 is another lamo redemtion code for a digital game, then I'm done with Club Nintendo.

I did, however, register enough points to buy both DS/3DS game cases. I've got tones of game cards so the 18 game carry cases will come in handy if I ever plan to game on the go. :)

I dont care to register for some toy have too many of them. So all my games get no extras. I think its stupis why U should have to register anything. As it ipdates with every new game. It should be automatic like on the software for computers 20 years ago did this whenever you installed a program. You didnt need to go to another site or store or link or click or find whatever it was right on the screen with every new purchase. I guess tech is so great its stupid.

I had a friend call me and got a skylanders U free. His 4 year old was on it and for the life of me I couldnt answer his question on how to play on the tablet.

Not having the game skylanders myself I didnt have an answer for him.. I think the - button or menu or?? no standard with software for such controls... took me 20 minites on how to two player hyrule warriors as its not in the fn menus anywhere. On a certain screen you hit + and then can select your p1 and p2 characters.. fn confusing as hell tried pressing + on pro controller and tablet on every screen in the menu till it finially just came up.... ya think in the fn start screen it would be one or two players?? nope! they had that aced back in what 82?? to choose your game type??? ok...done ranting..

I dont care to register for some toy have too many of them. So all my games get no extras. I think its stupis why U should have to register anything. As it ipdates with every new game. It should be automatic like on the software for computers 20 years ago did this whenever you installed a program. You didnt need to go to another site or store or link or click or find whatever it was right on the screen with every new purchase. I guess tech is so great its stupid.

You don't have to register anything. It's purely optional. And you get free items out of it. If you don't want to spend a few minutes to fill out a survey to get free items you're probably going to buy anyway, that's your loss.

• Like 1