IGNORED

How to check your Wii U (deluxe) account

cimerians

You know, some people actually try to give honest feedback with their surveys... :ponder:

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

As far as the club Nintendo rewards are concerned, I was surprised when I found out that all of the platinum rewards were digital. And this being the very first year I qualified! But I got earthbound out of it, so no complaints there.

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

As far as the club Nintendo rewards are concerned, I was surprised when I found out that all of the platinum rewards were digital. And this being the very first year I qualified! But I got earthbound out of it, so no complaints there.

IF they pull this "digital rewards only" stunt next year, I'm done with Club Nintendo. 7x Platinum member (soon to be 8x)...

You'd give up free digital downloads and just let your Club Nintendo codes go unredeemed, just because the platinum awards were only digital downloads?

Yeah, that would strike me as strange, especially since he's such an advocate of digital downloads on Nintendo platforms. :lolblue:

Even if they go all-digital again, I'll continue filling out the forms. I like the freebies either way. It's definitely not as cool as physical goods, but whatever.. I've gotten a bunch of nice freebies from doing the surveys, like Link to the Past, Super Punch-Out, Super Metroid, etc., games I'd probably end up buying anyway.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

Yeah, that would strike me as strange, especially since he's such an advocate of digital downloads on Nintendo platforms. :lolblue:

Even if they go all-digital again, I'll continue filling out the forms. I like the freebies either way. It's definitely not as cool as physical goods, but whatever.. I've gotten a bunch of nice freebies from doing the surveys, like Link to the Past, Super Punch-Out, Super Metroid, etc., games I'd probably end up buying anyway.

I'm more of an advocate of physical goods, but I'm also fond of supporting indie games. Physical media will likely be gone for 9th gen consoles and up, I'm afraid. The writing is already on the wall as all three companies are pushing retail downloads and preparing for the digital future, even going so far as to stock download codes for purchase in brick and mortar game stores.

For years Club Nintendo has sported really awesome physical prizes, especially the platinum rewards. Filling out surveys isn't something I do for free, but I like to feel I get something out of it. 2014 was terrible in terms of selection. No physical reward and all of the prizes were cheap eShop games, most of which I already had. Only DK Country Returns 3D and Game & Wario were retail selections, and older games at that. Had we gotten an opportunity to dowload popular AAA titles for Platinum rewards, it would have been a bit different, I think.

They did recently stock some decent items, although the current Club Nintendo is a shadow of it's former self. I redeemed 800 points for both 3DS game storage cases as I have a beefy collection of DS and 3DS cards, Currently I've been storing away my game cases and keeping the cards in a baggie, so the ability to store and organize an extra 36 slots for game cards that only takes the space of two retail cases will be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Club Nintendo is closing.

The hell? So I collected points towards platinum 2015 for nothing?

Do you have evidence to back your claim?

EDIT: FUUUUUUUU... :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/club_nintendo_to_close_with_replacement_loyalty_programme_coming_later_in_the_year

I got like 200 points left, and with the New 3DS xL I have on preorder plus a few compulsory 10-point post-play surveys I need to fill out, I will have Platinum in the bag. Any new retail titles I buy can go towards next year.

Well, I can have honestly said I will have made platinum every year for eight years for nothing... :_(

I hope our platinum rewards this year go out with a bang!

Edited by stardust4ever

The hell? So I collected points towards platinum 2015 for nothing?

Who said it was for nothing? They're promising dozens of additions just next month alone for us to spend our coin balances on.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they have some special selections for gold/platinum level members when the end arrives.

Do you have evidence to back your claim?

When I posted that, it had already been widely circulated at many major media sites so it hardly seemed necessary.

Edited by Atariboy

Yeah at the time I posted, i hadn't yet made my daily rounds at the media sites yet. I just filled a bunch of surveys and made platinum for the 8th time in a row. 7th, my bad as it only ran 7 years. Sad to see it go and the platinum rewards this year will be digital like last time. There is some new stuff coming in February but it makes me wonder if I was wise to spend 800 coins on the Nintendo 3DS card cases. I've got 410 coins left.

post-33189-0-48966100-1421790447_thumb.png

Edited by stardust4ever

Yeah.. I got about 1630 coins at the moment, and still have some games I haven't registered yet (like one of the two Pokemons). Sucks we have to start from scratch basically.

I hope 1) We get some good "farewell prizes" to spend the coins on, and 2) There's some decent stock of them else everything will go quickly as everyone starts a mad dash to dump their coins. :thumbsdown:

Oh who am I kidding.. I'm sure the last wave of stuff they add in February will be all DLC games. :P

The only Club Nintendo prizes I've ever used were a Donkey Kong poster set (mostly for the DK Arcade poster) and that green and white Mario Bros. storage tote they had last year for about 5 min (it sold out pretty fast). I also got the first Game and Watch collection for the DS (never had enough for the second). The rest of the prizes either were incredibly stupid (oh look! Kirby patches!) or sold out and never restocked. They used to have good prizes, I wonder why they started to skimp out on them in the last few years? I hope the last round of rewards are decent.

Classic Digital Game downloads are of no use to me since I have NES, SNES, and N64 Everdrives. I imagine they might appeal to people who don't collect classic systems though.

• 2 weeks later...