IGNORED

New homebrew game 4XV by COLLECTORVISION

Rev

Cool. I'm in. I don't care if it's serialized or not but I do like Shrink-Wrap. I collect Sealed copies too, in the end box Overlays, Cart, manual and FUN are what's important. In the in end If I had to choose to it would be FUN and Cart.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that... The above comment is inaccurate. :lol:

Not at all! I said "I wouldn't be surprised if this game beats some of the "coming soon" games to market."

If that event had happened (i.e. if this game had come out before some of the "coming soon" games on the list in 2014), I would not have been surprised.

So my statement was and is true.

Of course, I AM surprised that this 4XV game hasn't come out yet, since it seemed to be fairly far along in development.

On the other hand, a half dozen games on the 2014 "coming soon" list still haven't made it to market. So this game could still beat them - and I still wouldn't be surprised if that happened...

Catsfolly

• Like 2

It is never as easy as you hope and the second is always harder than the first. I do have 500+ empty Intellivision Carts really to load...and another 800 waiting for the boards to be recycled.

Most larger programs I work on go something like....

I am 90% done, so only half left to do. That last 10% were no one on the outside see any real progress, wondering what the heck is taking so long...

Not only that last 10% but the last 10% of that 10% and so on. Has a program EVER been completely finished?

I thought so a few times. Then you revisit the code and wonder what the heck you were thinking when you did X like that.

Worse for me know, I look at old code and say...Damn, that was clever! After spending way to long trying to figure out how it worked.

Note to self. Documenting code is a good thing. LOL

• Like 1

Not at all! I said "I wouldn't be surprised if this game beats some of the "coming soon" games to market."

If that event had happened (i.e. if this game had come out before some of the "coming soon" games on the list in 2014), I would not have been surprised.

So my statement was and is true.

Of course, I AM surprised that this 4XV game hasn't come out yet, since it seemed to be fairly far along in development.

On the other hand, a half dozen games on the 2014 "coming soon" list still haven't made it to market. So this game could still beat them - and I still wouldn't be surprised if that happened...

Catsfolly

touché! :lol:

Most larger programs I work on go something like....

I am 90% done, so only half left to do. That last 10% were no one on the outside see any real progress, wondering what the heck is taking so long...

Not only that last 10% but the last 10% of that 10% and so on. Has a program EVER been completely finished?

I thought so a few times. Then you revisit the code and wonder what the heck you were thinking when you did X like that.

Worse for me know, I look at old code and say...Damn, that was clever! After spending way to long trying to figure out how it worked.

Note to self. Documenting code is a good thing. LOL

I hear ya'. Christmas Carol was in "almost done, we plan on shipping very soon" mode for about 18 months. The progress thread in the Programming Forum has me announcing "hopefully next month!" for over a year. We almost went to print the boxes during the summer of 2011, and the game was not released until an entire year later! :o

There was a lot of progress made constantly, but it was grossly underestimated.

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...