IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback

Has anybody seen or heard anything as to why a cart slot was not put in the design? Especially since the Sega verison has one. I am excited to play the games again on a brand new unit with the classic controller as a disabled gamer, the disc gave the ability to play competitively with my able bodied friends something I could not do with an Atari joystick. However I don't expect the game list to be any different than Intellivision Lives which means no BT, He-Man, Diner, etc, However maybe one player Super Pro Basketball will finally work right and the red team won't just run to the corner and hold the ball. Let's hope anyway.

It has been covered various times now actually regarding all the Flashbacks systems. One example:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217407-breaking-news-intellivision-flashback-coming-to-retail/

Really these are just plug n play units designed to appeal to mass audience, casual gamers who want to revisit these older systems they remember but might not e as into it as much as you or I to actually track down original systems and games etc. It wont make sense to you, you are not the target audience. Just a quick plug n play unit with some built in games to get started for a cheap price nothing more. A cart slot would add to the cost. Anyway, search through the various Flashback threads, you will find several comments and thoughts on the matter, no need to start a new thread on the subject.

Actually, this is the programming sub-forum. It has same great taste, less spam.

Even if you decide to spam or dupe threads, try to keep this section dedicated to programming topics only, please.

dZ.

• Like 1