IGNORED

Anyone else get a Destiny Alpha invite?

King_Salamon

Sometimes I thought the respawning was influenced by other people entering your game. One time I was trying to get into a cave with a huge battle going on... suddenly, the whole group vanished and I was able to complete my quest. A minute later, the battle respawned and 2 other players showed up (2 levels higher than me) and they were in this battle (as part of their mission perhaps) and I snuck out of there. lol

That could be exactly what they are trying to work the kinks out of. To me, the whole idea of an RPG storyline that operates within an open world / free to join multiplayer style…it always seemed impossible. The fact that they have figured out how to do this is fairly mind blowing, in and of itself.

One cool thing I noticed...

I was playing online with one of my friends for a few hours today. We realized that the ammo drops that I can see on my screen, exist completely independent of the other players. Meaning, I would see a green ammo drop, and my friend would see purple. It was all based on whatever algorithm they have employed in relation to your own character. This also held true for loot chests, dead ghosts and spinmetal. The only time we would both see these three items, is in instances where neither one of us had discovered and looted them previously. In those cases, we would both be able to loot the items at the same time. Pretty sweet indeed!

My son & I tried it but neither of us was blown away much. For me, it reminded me too much of Halo, only with a ton more frog-hopping thrown in. I thought the game was sort of a cross between Halo and Borderlands (the RPG and loot elements).

• 4 weeks later...

Where do I pick up my Beta code? I pre-ordered the game, and was part of the Alpha. Any help would be appreciated!

If you pre-ordered you should have gotten a redemption code to register on Bungie's site. Get your code and then go here and register it:

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

They will then give you 3 beta codes.

• Like 1

cimerians sent me a code.

Did you pre-order from Sony online or did you pre-order from a store? I believe if you went the online pre-order you get a code from Sony... and if you pre-ordered at a store, they would give you a code. Not 100% on this but I've been reading something to this online.

Ok I got a taste of it tonight for the first time and its pretty cool. I like the atmosphere. It kind of reminds me of Mass Effect. I actually love that it plays like Halo though. Also the whole RPG experience is there. This is definitely something I could really get into, glad I pre-ordered it, I think it will be great but how great we will see.

I picked an Exo Warlock did the first walkthrough, went through the Tower walkthrough and exited after entering orbit again. I love that there are ships involved in the game to some degree, really looking forward to playing some more this weekend.

I also picked up Wolfenstein so I have my hands full till release day.

• Like 1

I downloaded the file... it said it was done... so I started it up and it's still installing... Transferring Game Content. argh.. a little more waiting. :)

It took all night to download the game file and update file...then, it spent all night while I slept transferring the game content. Thankfully, it is done and I will be able to play tonight!

Destiny is like crack. I think I hit the level/progress cap in the beta (just like the alpha) in like 5 minutes. Well at least it seemed that quick :D

I also picked up Wolfenstein so I have my hands full till release day.

I blew threw Wolfenstein a week or two ago. I was completely (and pleasantly) surprised at how good it was.

I blew threw Wolfenstein a week or two ago. I was completely (and pleasantly) surprised at how good it was.

I might throw that in tonight and maybe a little Destiny if I have time. I just picked up a grip for my PS4 controller. Hand is in a brace and its kind of painful to play for long hours.

Level 5...going to take a break. Didn't see anyone online but I jumped in a random group take down. Was pretty fun although the respawns can get really annoying as Albert mentioned, just have a few questions if anyone knows:

- I noticed you don't need PSplus to play (I think GOLD is mandatory on XBox as usual) but I saw a level where it's required, anyone know if these levels are optional or significant to the story?

- Are grenades a cool down or do you have a certain amount?

- Is ammo auto replenished at the tower?

Well I may jump back on late or early tomorrow, dance a little jig at the tower and then head back down for some more alien blasting.