IGNORED

Barcade in Manhattan!

Rhomaios

I went to Barcade yesterday...in Manhattan! I've been to the one in Brooklyn a few times, but it's not very easy to get to nor ideal to travel to from Manhattan. So to my delight I learned they just opened up one on this side of the East River. While the one in Brooklyn is very awesome in its own right, I was shocked to find some of the more unusual cabs here, including Dragon's Lair, Discs of Tron, and even Hologram! Had fun playing Galaga, Daytona USA, Donkey Kong, Tapper, Tetris, and even Space Invaders. I want to go back with some folks to play Simpsons, NBA Jam TE, TMNT, and X-Men, the latter of which was turned off for some reason this time.

Oh, and best yet, the place is new and so it's still rather empty. Only Hologram did I not get to sink a couple quarters in because someone was playing it (and playing it rather well, too!), but all the better since I've never actually played it before. It was better to watch the first minute.

Here's the site, and I took just a couple of quick photos as we were leaving with which to message a friend, so I apologize for the crappy quality.

20140615_172125_zps79214898.jpg?t=140290

20140615_184422_zps6cd305d9.jpg?t=140281

20140615_184428_zps799714f9.jpg

Hi guys,

If I go, I'm taking some Clorox wipes with me and clean those joysticks and buttons before playing! God knows where the past players hands have been and throughout the decades! :-o

My parents dislike arcades because they are big germaphobes and used to wipe down them before me and my brother use to play when we were kids! I remember a kid sneezed a over the controllers once on a Mortal Kombat machine! DAMN...that was nasty!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

If I go, I'm taking some Clorox wipes with me and clean those joysticks and buttons before playing! God knows where the past players hands have been and throughout the decades! :-o

My parents dislike arcades because they are big germaphobes and used to wipe down them before me and my brother use to play when we were kids! I remember a kid sneezed a over the controllers once on a Mortal Kombat machine! DAMN...that was nasty!

Anthony...

No worse than any public door handle or railing, cash, etc. Wash your hands afterwards and you'll be fine.

I would have probably avoided that Mortal Kombat machine though.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

Anthony...

I've been to Barcade lots of times and I can tell you that you have guys who don't bother to wash their hands after they just used the bathroom. :-o

Edited by NeoTurboManiac
  • Like 1

I've been to Barcade lots of times and I can tell you that you have guys who don't bother to wash their hands after they just used the bathroom. :-o

You can say that again Neo! :thumbsup:

I lost count since childhood when that happens at the arcades. Some people have no consideration for others! :roll:

Anthony...