IGNORED

Star Wars - TAG

Hi there!

I just thought to tell the world that the ST version of SW-TAG is by far my favourite port of the Arcade. I think it is easily even beating the Arcade itself. Playing it with a mouse just seems natural and the ultra-fast vector graphics make this version most pleasurable.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi Marc!

Yeah, this version plays like a dream on the ST! Still have the original somewhere in a box:)

Hehe, all my ST is running nowadays is Cubase :)

But I rediscovered the Star Wars game here on "The Emulator Strikes Back", a page focusing on all Star Wars games:

http://www.echostation.com/esb/

It crashes on STeem, but plays excellent on WinSTon.

Greetings,

Manuel

The combobox is for playing ST tunes!

You have to use the menu bar, click on game reviews --> original reviews --> then click on the desired letter (in this case the "S" for star wars) and click the review.

Can I contact you again using your PM for fixing the dropdown with opera? What is wrong with it? Did you read the little help pop up?

Let me know, pleez, I'm curious ...

I hope this helps, enjoy the site!

Cheers,

Hi Maarten!

The combobox is for playing ST tunes!

Aha, so this *might* work. I can't verify it here at work... :)

But...

You have to use the menu bar, click on game reviews --> original reviews --> then click on the desired letter (in this case the "S" for star wars) and click the review.

...here lies the real problem: I don't even see a menu...

Can I contact you again using your PM for fixing the dropdown with opera? What is wrong with it? Did you read the little help pop up?

Certainly, contact me.

BTW:

I don't see a help pop up either. And I have javascript enabled in case you're wondering :)

I'm using Opera 6.04 and have no Java Runtime Environment installed. Maybe I should?

I hope this helps, enjoy the site!

Uhm... as an intermediate solution, could you please provide a direct link to the Star Wars review right now? :)

Greetings,

Manuel

You don't see a menubar????!!!! :? :?

That's bad, how is that possible ... I've tested the site in IE and Netscape ...Well now I will definitely contact you ...

Anyway, here is the link (I hope that works) ... This was one of my earlier reviews, not that good ... Anyway, I have already about 120 reviews of classic ST games online now ... Hope I can fixx the site for opera this evening...

that's the link :

http://emulazione.multiplayer.it/stgraveya...rs/starwars.htm

It uses javascript, yes ...

enjoy,

Hi Maarten!

You don't see a menubar????!!!!  :?   :?  

That's bad, how is that possible ... I've tested the site in IE and Netscape ...Well now I will definitely contact you ...

Ok, I tested it at home now. Here I have Opera 5.12 with Java Runtime.

Same negative result, no menu, no pop up and no music selection. I can see the dropdown and choose a tune, but it seems like it doesn't execute the selection.

Anyway, here is the link (I hope that works) ... This was one of my earlier reviews, not that good...

Good reading. I think 6.5/10 is not enough for this masterpiece though. I'd rate it 8/10. :)

(A little suggestion, you could try to synchronize the pictures with the text, eg. right now you show a picture of the death star trench next to the description of the first scene ;) )

Anyway, I have already about 120 reviews of classic ST games online now ... Hope I can fixx the site for opera this evening...

Would be cool to see more of it!

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

I always liked 'Empire Strikes Back' better than the original Star Wars game...

Could be because every arcade had the SW game, but none had 'Empire'

Now that I tried a couple of versions of TESB, I'm really suprised. I think any version of that game sucks, including the Arcade itself. It seems uninspired to me, just a rushed sequel.

Another surprise to me is that the Atari ST version of ROTJ is very highly playable. Again the Arcade is beaten here :)

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi guys! I also think the ST StarWars games are very good, but may I suggest a VERY excellent clone on the ST called StarFighter...it's a StarWars arcade clone, with solid, shaded polygon graphics that looks very good and is very smoth and fast, plus, is has some very cool movies at the beginning of it. should be able to find a copy at most FTP sites.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but I'm not as knowledgable as I should be with web browsers. I know Netscape, Explorer and MSN, but I'm unfamiliar with Opera. I'm curious about this; is it a browser? Is it for the PC's or is it an Atari browser like CAB? I'm always looking for something unique and possibly better than Netscape or Explorer...What exactly is Opera?

Hi there!

Hi guys! I also think the ST StarWars games are very good, but may I suggest a VERY excellent clone on the ST called StarFighter...it's a StarWars arcade clone, with solid, shaded polygon graphics that looks very good and is very smoth and fast, plus, is has some very cool movies at the beginning of it. should be able to find a copy at most FTP sites.

Uih! Need to check that out! Thanks for the tip!

Also, forgive my ignorance, but I'm not as knowledgable as I should be with web browsers. I know Netscape, Explorer and MSN, but I'm unfamiliar with Opera. I'm curious about this; is it a browser? Is it for the PC's or is it an Atari browser like CAB? I'm always looking for something unique and possibly better than Netscape or Explorer...What exactly is Opera?

A normal Browser, yes. I think it's way better than Netscape or IE. It has some very nice features like "mouse gestures" and zooming pages in and out. It is also saying that it's "The fastest Browser in the world" - which as far I can tell is true :)

Another good thing is, no matter how many windows you have opened, there's only one task visible in the taskbar, since Opera has his very own taskbar.

Check it out here:

http://www.opera.com/

Greetings,

Manuel

• 3 weeks later...