IGNORED

1600-SDK Problem

Hello I am new to the forums and to Intellivision programming, so bear with my noob question.

Today, I downloaded SDK-1600 for some reason when I try to run the command "Jzintv", I get a pop up message which says: "The program can't start because SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I later tried to reinstall the sdk, but it did not fix the problem. Any suggestions?I

Also, I want to know what the command is to run your programs in the emulator.

Edited by Ryebread691

Hi, Ryebread691, and welcome!

Are you trying to run games in the emulator? If so, your question may be more appropriate in the general forum. This forum is intended for questions regarding programming games for the Intellivision. We don't mind helping either way, but the general Intellivision forum gets much more traffic and gaming questions have a higher chance of getting answered there.

In any case, it seems you need to install the SDL (Simple DirectMedia Library) framework. SDL is a multimedia open source library used by the jzIntv emulator to produce graphics and sound. You can get it from the SDL project page. Make sure to get the appropriate version for your PC operating system.

Hi, Ryebread691, and welcome!

Are you trying to run games in the emulator? If so, your question may be more appropriate in the general forum. This forum is intended for questions regarding programming games for the Intellivision. We don't mind helping either way, but the general Intellivision forum gets much more traffic and gaming questions have a higher chance of getting answered there.

In any case, it seems you need to install the SDL (Simple DirectMedia Library) framework. SDL is a multimedia open source library used by the jzIntv emulator to produce graphics and sound. You can get it from the SDL project page. Make sure to get the appropriate version for your PC operating system.

Thank you for the answer and I am sorry that I posted my question in the wrong section of the forum, I am still kind of a noob

Windows 8.1 PC

So, you download the appropriate version for your PC (32- or 64-bit), and extract the ZIP archive. Inside, you will see a file called SDL2.dll. You then move that file to the Windows system folder (I think it's in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32).

-dZ.

Hi everybody. Sorry it took me awhile to get here.

The SDL.dll file is missing from the Beta4 ZIP file. Someone else pointed this out to me recently (last week or so).

SDL2 won't work, as jzIntv/SDK-1600 are SDL 1.2 based. I'll update the ZIP file shortly with the correct DLL.

Once you have the correct DLL, it belongs in the jzintv-1.0-beta4\bin folder, not WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.

I'll post once it's updated.