IGNORED

Top 50 Intellivision Games (As Determined by You)

Wongojack,

Nice job - thanks for your efforts. As for dZ just ignore him as he'll always have something negative to say. He has no business using the word arbitrary either. This was never meant to be an exact science and I think you made several valid points - the most important of which is that the polls were fun and gave people food for thought to play games they might not otherwise have. Funny, no complaints on homebrew game voting though since went his way;-) Space Patrol & D2K are far superior from technical standpoint and Stonix, Super Chef Burgertime and many others also fun as hell. These are just opinion polls and overall some games get put exactly where they belong, some higher, & some lower than they deserve. That will happen no matter how polls are conducted. Sea Battle is just one example of a game that I think should get put higher but that's just one opinion. Either way, nice job as I'm sure it took some time to do this by all parties involved so thanks again.

Joe.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was looking at this list again and i'm kind of surprised Master of the Universe did not make the top 50. That seems kind of shocking. It would easily make my top 20 and was close to making my top 10.

On a side note out of all the intellivision gameplay videos i have on my Youtube channel, Masters of the Universe has the most views with a whopping 14,085 views. It's also the 3rd most viewed video of mine overall.

:)

• Like 3

It was a victim of a tough 1st round draw, receiving only 3 votes against some tough competition. If you did it all again, and you seeded all the games based on the results here, putting strong with weak, I think He-Man would still fall in the middle-of-the-road gap, probably getting eliminated in the 2nd round.

Edit: It had Burgertime in its group which received a huge total of votes.

Burgertime 41

Frogger 4

Lady Bug 4

Masters 3

Kool Aid 1

Before the tourney, I wasn't aware of how popular Burgertime was, but it is still a tough group to win with just Frogger and LB in there. Dunno if anyone confessed to voting for Kool Aid. Maybe they were just messing with us?

• 3 years later...

The top 20 list is not bad but i would add some games and remove some. Same for the top 50. Some real good games are not in there like Turbo or Tron Maze-A-Tron. We dont all like the same games so the top list of games usually dont fit with what i like. Intellivision also has many genre of games and about for everyone. Some titles are a must but many could be placed anywhere from 1 t0 50. Some games in this top list would not even be in the top 50 for me like MLB and NFL. I am a big Intellivision fan and i have over 120 games with 2 systems and ECS module with intellivoice. I also have the Aquarius system with a few games. I think that the choice of the top games is very personal.

Edited by maniaque

very good work ;-)

I do appreciate people who work for the community and help growing our passion with practical things.

I do not understand people who spend time complaining the other people...

You are complaining yourself when complaining about people who are complaining. LoL. I think we cant all have the same top list of games and this is just normal.

Edited by maniaque

The top 20 list is not bad but i would add some games and remove some. Same for the top 50. Some real good games are not in there like Turbo or Tron Maze-A-Tron. We dont all like the same games so the top list of games usually dont fit with what i like. Intellivision also has many genre of games and about for everyone. Some titles are a must but many could be placed anywhere from 1 t0 50. Some games in this top list would not even be in the top 50 for me like MLB and NFL. I am a big Intellivision fan and i have over 120 games with 2 systems and ECS module with intellivoice. I also have the Aquarius system with a few games. I think that the choice of the top games is very personal.

Do you have a favorite Intellivision game? Or maybe a top 5? My favorite is Worm Whomper :D

This list was created through a series of votes that set specific games against each other to try and come down to a top group and eventually a top game. While imperfect, the "tournament" attempted to gather and combine opinions from what might be the most knowledgeable group of Intellivision fans anywhere. In that way, it is at least a half step removed from personal opinion.

As for my opinions, I like Maze a Tron more than most, but there is just no room for it in any "top" list for the Inty, and MLB has a TON of fans on this board (NFL too). As for Turbo, I've never really played the Inty version much which is probably true for most people too - that means it likely gets overlooked. Or it might just stink.

• 1 year later...