IGNORED

The Lost Caves of Kroz Order Thread

Got my copy today. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Wow! That got there fast. I dropped it in the mail on Saturday.

Oh... these are being shipped by order of serial number? But I paid so "long" ago... :lol:

It is easier to keep track of what has been shipped when going by serial number. I am expecting all of them to be shipped out within a week. Patience my young padawan! :)

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 1

Received mine today. Thanks to all involved for the effort involved in this project. I appreciate how thoroughly this was planned and tested, and the updates provided on the progress of the same.

That said, I can't seem to get past level 7 to the extent that I can't say I'm having much fun at this point. The booklet says more hints are available on the Elektronite site, but I'm not seeing anything there. Am I missing something (on the site I mean--I am obviously missing some aspect of the puzzle that is level 7).

I'm giving up for a while. Still stuck on those same 2 levels. The first 5 where a little tricky but nothing you can't figure out after a while, but these 2 levels ramped it up a notch. And the clues are vague. I'm sure it will end up being an obvious solution and make me look stupid. lol

Without giving anything away not only do you have to figure out a pattern you also have no idea to position the pattern. It doesn't give you either. Not unless i'm missing something. I even had 3 of my friends watching me play in a google chat. 3 young smart college nerds and they were stumped too. That tells you something. lol

Only giving up because i have stuff to do and need to give my Intellivision and brain a break. But i will be back at in no time. I will not let this beat me. ;)

Received mine today. Thanks to all involved for the effort involved in this project. I appreciate how thoroughly this was planned and tested, and the updates provided on the progress of the same.

That said, I can't seem to get past level 7 to the extent that I can't say I'm having much fun at this point. The booklet says more hints are available on the Elektronite site, but I'm not seeing anything there. Am I missing something (on the site I mean--I am obviously missing some aspect of the puzzle that is level 7).

Room 7 is one of the tougher ones. (Early in the beta, it was actually way tougher!)

Sometimes it helps to have both the clue in the manual and the in-game text near each other:

Manual: Columns of II: As the statues are placed above, so should they be placed below. Reflect upon the two rows exclusively, or the answer in row three will be impossible to see!

Game: The bottom row of sentinel statues cannot stand alone.

Along the northern wall of the room, you see some immovable statues, a red group, a blue group, and a tan group. These can't be moved. Along the southern wall, you see some more statues, also red, blue and tan. There's a pattern here, and the title of the room itself is also somewhat of a hint.

The extra challenge here is that these statues change color as you move them, so you need to plan ahead as you move them.

Just an FYI if you are:

1. A US customer.

2. buying only 1 game.

3. made a purchase from me before.

4. paid more than 90 days ago.

You may get an extra shipping notification.

Apparently, PayPal only allows shipping on a purchased item within 90 days from the purchase date. After that the link disappears.

USPS.com will not sell First class postage to US recipients online, but PayPal will if you ship within those 90 days.

However, PayPal will allow you to 'Ship Another' of some item that was already shipped once, even if outside the 90 days.

Therefore, if you fall into the category above, you may receive a shipping notification of something you have already received. This allows me to make a new label for The Lost Caves of Kroz when your purchase is more than 90 days old. You will still get notified of the previous purchase. You can ignore this as you will also get a notification with the same tracking number for your Kroz order.

This keeps out of the Post Office lines.

Room 7 is one of the tougher ones. (Early in the beta, it was actually way tougher!)

Sometimes it helps to have both the clue in the manual and the in-game text near each other:

Manual: Columns of II: As the statues are placed above, so should they be placed below. Reflect upon the two rows exclusively, or the answer in row three will be impossible to see!

Game: The bottom row of sentinel statues cannot stand alone.

Along the northern wall of the room, you see some immovable statues, a red group, a blue group, and a tan group. These can't be moved. Along the southern wall, you see some more statues, also red, blue and tan. There's a pattern here, and the title of the room itself is also somewhat of a hint.

The extra challenge here is that these statues change color as you move them, so you need to plan ahead as you move them.

You mentioned the statues along the top of the room are immovable, but are the ones at the bottom supposed to be as well? Banging my head against a wall here (well, not my head, but my poor game character's head).

In the room Columns of II you will find that none of the statues along the north wall (above) are movable, and those that have formed up along the southern wall (below) stand resolute as well.

There are three "squads" - each of a single color, along the northern wall facing the "center" of aisle of the room. The squads stand in a formation three rows deep. The squads form up according to the rule that no man stands alone.

Along the southern wall (below) you can see that there are also three squads of sentinels, but they aren't yet in formation. In fact, the troops (statues) that aren't in formation yet can't even decide which squad they're in (i.e. they change color as they move). The movable statues are the ones you need to nudge into the proper formation.

So, remember:

• Columns of II
  • No man stands alone
  • Squads must be of one color

In the room Columns of II you will find that none of the statues along the north wall (above) are movable, and those that have formed up along the southern wall (below) stand resolute as well.

There are three "squads" - each of a single color, along the northern wall facing the "center" of aisle of the room. The squads stand in a formation three rows deep. The squads form up according to the rule that no man stands alone.

Along the southern wall (below) you can see that there are also three squads of sentinels, but they aren't yet in formation. In fact, the troops (statues) that aren't in formation yet can't even decide which squad they're in (i.e. they change color as they move). The movable statues are the ones you need to nudge into the proper formation.

So, remember:

• Columns of II
  • No man stands alone
  • Squads must be of one color

Yes Columns and not rows like i was doing. :roll: