IGNORED

Pondering a Wii U purchase....

Nintendo is selling the Wii U deluxe Nintendoland bundle, refurbished, for $200 shipped on their online store.....

that seems like a good price point, but does anyone have any experience with refurbished Nintendo products? Should I expect them to be as nice as the refurbished Apple stuff?

Any differences between this bundle and some of the more current (like the Mario Kart 8, or Mario/Luigi) bundles or consoles?

and would I do better trading in my Wii console, a bunch of games, and other goodies at Gamestop and just getting a new one?

Looks like at least some of them are "like new": http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835862

If I'd known about that before I bought my Wii U a few days ago, I probably would have done that. I paid $269 for the Mario/Luigi bundle. The Mario Kart 8 bundle is a better deal, but was sold out everywhere when I was looking for one earlier this week.

and would I do better trading in my Wii console, a bunch of games, and other goodies at Gamestop and just getting a new one?

No. Never sell your stuff to Gamestop. They give the basement prices as far as trades go. I always regret selling off my old consoles, even if the new console is BC. But, if you are serious about selling, you would probably get better return using EBay or Craigs.

• Like 3

Nintendo is selling the Wii U deluxe Nintendoland bundle, refurbished, for $200 shipped on their online store.....

that seems like a good price point, but does anyone have any experience with refurbished Nintendo products? Should I expect them to be as nice as the refurbished Apple stuff?

Any differences between this bundle and some of the more current (like the Mario Kart 8, or Mario/Luigi) bundles or consoles?

$200 isn't just a good price point; it is the price point. ;-)

I bought my Wii U as a Nintendo refurb at the start of June, and it looked brand new. Not a scratch or fingerprint (that's now changed, oh well). You'd never tell if it weren't for the different box it comes in. NintendoLand even comes in a sealed retail case. I recommend the deluxe refurb package if you're looking to pick one up.

Comes like so:

tumblr_n6nye568QN1s8uz23o1_500.jpg tumblr_n6nye568QN1s8uz23o2_r1_500.jpg

Edited by Rex Dart
  • Like 3

If you went that route, you would be better off selling your Wii here. You will get more money and it will probably go to someone that will actually use it.

Or, take into consideration what kind of use you may get out of it if you keep it. I personally keep a Wii hooked up to my CRT television, and I can use it for Wii games, Game Cube games, and YouTube/Netflix streaming in the room it resides.

• 3 weeks later...

Either get it used at Craigslist or get it refurbed from Nintendo. Going to eBay or GameStop and you'll spend a freakin fortune. I agree btw. Dont go to GameStop. You'll just be throwing your money away.

If you want my honest opinion though, I personally didn't much care for Nintendoland at all. Maybe find a Wii U bundle out there that comes with a different game.

The Mario/Luigi bundle, assuming it's the same price (I haven't looked it up), is a slightly better value than MK8 bundle, assuming you plan on buying both games. Mario ($59.99) + Luigi ($29.99 retail or $19.99 DLC) at $70-80 is slightly better deal than the $59.99 MK8, unless the MK8 bundle comes with a wheel and other goodies. I haven't price checked them though. Plus, it's uber cool have Mario+Luigi on the same disc! Think of how awesome the SMAS+SMW SNES cart was, and it too was only available as a pack in. NintendoLand is kind of "Meh," but only $20 if you buy it new, cheaper used, and is no longer bundled I believe. Mario 3D World is another must have.

EDIT: Crap forgot about the MK8 promotion. If you register MK8 at Club Nintendo on or before July 31st, you can download a free game. Super Mario U is one of them, or you can select Pikmin 3, Zelda WW HD, or Wii-U Party. I recommend either Pikmin 3 or Zelda for the free download if you buy the M+L Wii-U bundle then MK8 separate, or download Mario if you get the MK8 bundle. Whatever you do, hurry up. Times-a-wastin' :)

Edited by stardust4ever

The Mario/Luigi bundle, assuming it's the same price (I haven't looked it up), is a slightly better value than MK8 bundle, assuming you plan on buying both games. Mario ($59.99) + Luigi ($29.99 retail or $19.99 DLC) at $70-80 is slightly better deal than the $59.99 MK8, unless the MK8 bundle comes with a wheel and other goodies. I haven't price checked them though. Plus, it's uber cool have Mario+Luigi on the same disc! Think of how awesome the SMAS+SMW SNES cart was, and it too was only available as a pack in. NintendoLand is kind of "Meh," but only $20 if you buy it new, cheaper used, and is no longer bundled I believe. Mario 3D World is another must have.

EDIT: Crap forgot about the MK8 promotion. If you register MK8 at Club Nintendo on or before July 31st, you can download a free game. Super Mario U is one of them, or you can select Pikmin 3, Zelda WW HD, or Wii-U Party. I recommend either Pikmin 3 or Zelda for the free download if you buy the M+L Wii-U bundle then MK8 separate, or download Mario if you get the MK8 bundle. Whatever you do, hurry up. Times-a-wastin' :)

MK8 bundle comes with a Mario branded wii controller and a Mario branded wheel shell in addition to the game itself. So honestly, I'd say the MK8 bundle is probably worth more. Then again "worth" should come down to what you love to play. Get the bundle that makes you happy first and foremost! :)

• 3 weeks later...