IGNORED

Atari Corp - Business is War

Yup. I got the six volume Star Wars boxed set on BluRay.

Episide VI: During one of the most solemn moments in the whole saga, where Darth Vader watches his son die, he screaches out, "Nooooo..." right before dumping the Sith lord dowwn the pit. That voice sample came strait out of the final moments during Episode III when Anikan/Darth learns that princess Pademe is dead. IMO totally ruined the originally silent scene. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for the addition. Darth's silent actions in the original Episode VI portray that message much more clearly than the cries of "Nooooo..." in the BluRay reissue. There's probably pleanty of other edits that I'm not enough of a movie buff to notice.

• Like 2

Marty and Curt,

Thanks for the info! I have been away from the AtariAge scene for about 5 years and didn't know you had published the first book and the soon to come out second book. I also had no idea that you had Kickstarted the books, or I would have donated some change to the effort! Anyway, I was about to buy your first book, but now that you are editing to second edition, I will hold off until that comes out. Looking forward to reading both back to back!

• Like 1

Sumer,

I loved the first edition. I am sure the second will be outstanding. Facts, memos, letters. The second book looks like a joy. Though I've heard many stories, the book sorts out which were true. Most of them real, but this went into depth, giving the whole story.

I think it is a good decision to wait for the revise. The info there about the Big Dig in NM. The before, during, and after of the event could make a whole book! They were about to do it in less pages, but expect it to still be very descriptive.

Despite my grievance in this thread (which is minor). I hold the utmost faith in the authors to deliver.

Mark

Edited by Seethransom
  • Like 1

Just make sure the second edition is of equal size of the first and matches well next to the first edition when splined out on a bookshelf. Remember, your main customer is vintage game collectors and well, we are kind of weird at times :)

*I can not buy this!! The Logos!! They are different heights!!

post-9102-0-42283900-1405960747_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking, but the second book will be covering all facets of Atari during the Tramiel years, including the consumer divisions as well as coin-op and Tengen, correct? Really kind of a d!ck move all those wonderful Tengen NES ports that never saw the light of day on the 7800... :ponder:

No. The second book covers one of the two companies Atari Inc. was split in to: Atari Corp. Tengen was under the other company Atari Games, which will be covered in the third book.

• 5 weeks later...

Your first book was awesome. A huge amount of work, a testimony that will last in time. You are collecting & preserving history of videogaming.

I can't wait to read the 2nd book (I was a big atari fan, got a ST, a Lynx, a Portfolio...)

If you open a kickstarter to get some funds, I'll be happy to help you funding your work.

I fail to understand some comments here, people who complain for some spelling mistakes or who'd like a free epub or whatever... seriously ?

I think I read once that you plan next to work on Intellivision. You guys simply have perfect ideas !

There's nothing to dodge, I already explained why what you wanted isn't common and isn't going to happen. And the Lucas comment was just more oddity to me. But thanks for voicing your opinion, we appreciate everyone's. :)

No. The second book covers one of the two companies Atari Inc. was split in to: Atari Corp. Tengen was under the other company Atari Games, which will be covered in the third book.

So, Atari Corp, 7800 = 2nd book. Atari Games, Arcade, Tengen = 3rd book. Correct? I plan on eventually buying both FTR.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a limited run of posters (18 x 25, photo stock paper) of each cover signed by Curt and I ($12 each plus shipping). After these are out, because of logistics, they'll just be signed by me unless you catch us together at another show. The "I Helped Make Atari History" bumper stickers are also available ($1). Please make sure and choose the correct shipping option when checking out. One is for just bumper stickers, and the other is for posters (or combinations of posters and bumper stickers).

http://ataribook.com/book/shop/

post-160-0-43979500-1411273073_thumb.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just got my copy of Business is Fun recently and am about 1/4 through. The editing isn't nearly as bad as one might think given the reviews. The most glaring editing mistakes are quotation marks facing the wrong way. Anybody who uses modern word processors should know that the software will orient quotations marks that way it thinks it should, and it is sometimes right. (c.f. "Expert is merely man who make quick decision - and is sometimes right." - Charlie Chan)

I plan to get Business is War too, but like the first book, it will be a while before I do, and for the same reason: budget. The next Atari related buy for me will have to be the Harmony cart, and then I'll get B. is W. when I re-up my funds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...