IGNORED

Atari Corp - Business is War

21 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

Guess I hadn't really considered the interviewing part of Jack Tramiel being a lost potential but since this was started in 2014 and Jack had already passed in 2012, thought the information or interview would have already been given or taken place?

Suppose the only person that can really shed light on that would be Curt and/or Marty.

I could well be missrembering here but, i was under the impression Jack had reached a period of his life where he was tired of discussing the Atari era of his life and just wanted to spend time with his family, but had agreed to this one last interview where he would give his side regarding many of the accusations laid at him over the years?

There have been so many laid at Leonard Tramiel's feet you could base a few chapters on his role alone.

Sam as we both know said an awful lot of utter nonsense, saying in early days of Jaguar,if Atari had to delay a game for a month to get a better product,then that's exactly what they would do.

That rule only came into play when they didn't need product on the shelf it seems.

I'd also like to know about Bill Rehbock's trips to Japan to try and secure Capcom etc as Jaguar developers.. 

J.Patton visiting Namco to try and get them to use the Jaguar chipset in their coin-op division. 

Jaguar side alone there's plenty of unanswered Q's yet

Planned dual launch for Lynx and Panther, Rehbock and Gleadow have mentioned briefly,but room for expansion 

Why Peter Staddon of Atari UK failed to even place magazine adverts for the Falcon in likes of PCW magazine.. 

If sources can be found,potential for some great interviews.

But at this point we don't know much on what aspects were being looked into, who was spoken with.

• Like 1

I'll admit I've been out of the loop. Life happens and my gaming hobbies took a back seat.

I am still waiting for the second book to drop. And the first editiin, afaik, was never updated with new dig info. Anyone remember when Microsoft funded the dig documentary? That was pretty epic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 1:25 PM, Clint Thompson said:

Guess I hadn't really considered the interviewing part of Jack Tramiel being a lost potential but since this was started in 2014 and Jack had already passed in 2012, thought the information or interview would have already been given or taken place?

Suppose the only person that can really shed light on that would be Curt and/or Marty.

Actually, they covered this shortly after Tramiel's passing... they had been scheduled to talk to him the following week.  What a heartbreaking close call that must have been.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2020 at 7:54 PM, Knurrikowski said:

Bump. Any news?

At this stage, one would have to assume if it's still to become a reality, it's perhaps been taken back to the drawing board perhaps? 

If the core of the book was to be based around what Jack Tramiel said in the planned interview, that's not an unreasonable expectation to make. 

I'd also hazzard a guess Curt's time is tied up with the 7800 XM project and a lot of people might prefer that's finished and delivered, before Curt puts his attention to anything else. 

Marty Goldberg is still around apparently, posted recently on social media. 

One or both might yet stop by and update the community on status/plans from here on in. 

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I met Curt in person at that giant Atari Home Computers display he said was rescued from trash or similar here:  https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/1300515595788713989/photo/1 

He was so passionate about the platform.  We only spoke for a few minutes and I think the topic was something silly like the different fonts used on the cases of the early Atari 800s or similar weird looking 'original Ataris'.  

I didn't also realize he was also the author of the Business is Fun/War series -- I wish I had thanked him for his efforts on that.   :(.

(late) Thanks for being a good dude, Curt! 

• Like 1