IGNORED

Retro Obscura Podcast - Nolan Bushnell Interview

Hey guys. I posted a little about our show on the "2 worthy podcasts" thread, but I figured I'd post about it here. We're a family friendly retro podcast which focuses on the underrated, unknown, and horrible pieces of our favorite hobby.

Our latest Atari themed episode features an interview with Nolan Bushnell and a special video game high score challenge against Ferg from the Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast on classic game Space Invaders.

Episode 28: Have you played Atari today? Feat. Ferg and NOLAN BUSHNELL
http://retroobscura.podomatic.com/entry/2014-07-12T22_24_58-07_00

Edited by Diagamblic
  • Like 2

That rendition of the Pressure Cooker music (following the Space Invaders/ferg segment) is absolutely amazing & one of the greatest things I've ever heard. I went back & re-listened to it 10x before deleting the ep.

Hey guys. I posted a little about our show on the "2 worthy podcasts" thread, but I figured I'd post about it here. We're a family friendly retro podcast which focuses on the underrated, unknown, and horrible pieces of our favorite hobby.

Our latest Atari themed episode features an interview with Nolan Bushnell and a special video game high score challenge against Ferg from the Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast on classic game Space Invaders.

Episode 28: Have you played Atari today? Feat. Ferg and NOLAN BUSHNELL[/size]

I learned of your show from the 2600GBG Podcast, and I like it a lot.

Edited by Cynicaster

That rendition of the Pressure Cooker music (following the Space Invaders/ferg segment) is absolutely amazing & one of the greatest things I've ever heard. I went back & re-listened to it 10x before deleting the ep.

Haha RJ! I'm not sure if this was a compliment or not, but I'll take it.

Episode 28: Have you played Atari today? Feat. Ferg and NOLAN BUSHNELL[/size]

I learned of your show from the 2600GBG Podcast, and I like it a lot.

Thanks Cynicaster! We're always looking for feedback. Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

Haha RJ! I'm not sure if this was a compliment or not, but I'll take it.

Thanks Cynicaster! We're always looking for feedback. Thanks for listening.

You're welcome.

One funny thing I noticed back when it was just a one-man show, I think it was during one of the "Japan" segments, Dub was raving about this Cave arcade shooter that sounded really awesome but he forgot to actually provide the name of the game. I was on a long drive for a business trip and intently listening, waiting for the reveal so I could fire the game up on my MAME cabinet when I got home, but it never came. I rewound the segment and listened again just to make sure, but still no game name. :D

I later deduced he must have been talking about Guwange.

You're welcome.

One funny thing I noticed back when it was just a one-man show, I think it was during one of the "Japan" segments, Dub was raving about this Cave arcade shooter that sounded really awesome but he forgot to actually provide the name of the game. I was on a long drive for a business trip and intently listening, waiting for the reveal so I could fire the game up on my MAME cabinet when I got home, but it never came. I rewound the segment and listened again just to make sure, but still no game name. :D

I later deduced he must have been talking about Guwange.

oh man I was such a noob back then! yes it is Guwange! (Dub)