IGNORED

Protector: RESURGENCE coming to the Atari Jaguar!

Songbird

Here's another screenshot:

post-535-0-09572700-1406691167_thumb.png

It's a textbook example of boss overload, where the twin Vortons obliterated my ship. You can also see I exhausted my smart bombs and shields by the time I reached them, so my poor ship (or maybe it's my hand/eye coordination) just wasn't up to the challenge. :)

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

As one of the artists on Protector: SE and Resurgence, and older brother to Carl, I just want to say it's really exciting to see so much enthusiasm for the expansion.

Carl mentioned in passing of going to CGE this year and that he felt he needed something fun to bring. I was happy to help. Also, seeing how much all of still you have fun with the Jaguar even two decades after its release warms the cockles of my heart.

-Eric Forhan

• Like 9

Hi everyone,

As one of the artists on Protector: SE and Resurgence, and older brother to Carl, I just want to say it's really exciting to see so much enthusiasm for the expansion.

Carl mentioned in passing of going to CGE this year and that he felt he needed something fun to bring. I was happy to help. Also, seeing how much all of still you have fun with the Jaguar even two decades after its release warms the cockles of my heart.

-Eric Forhan

Awesome! Great to meet you, thank you and I hope you stick around for discussion when P:R is released! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Which Bethesda Softworks logo will be on the packaging?

or the old early-90s look like on the bottom-right of Elder Scrolls Arena here-

Elder_Scrolls_Arena_Cover.jpg

I'm hoping for the old 90s logo.

OMG! That's so funny, I had no idea they made that. I remember that game from back in the day... for the record, that's the ONLY Elder Scrolls game I ever played. I remember Bethesda Softworks from this game:

1021664698-00.jpg

I also remember that they used to advertise on television for some of their PC games in the DC Metro Area... I could never figure out if maybe they were from Bethesda, Maryland or something...

Hi everyone,

-Eric Forhan

Did you work on the original Protector or Protector SE too? I'm looking forward to buying this new one on CD as well. Thanks!

Did you work on the original Protector or Protector SE too? I'm looking forward to buying this new one on CD as well. Thanks!

I don't remember if I helped with Protector, but I did several background graphics for P:SE. For Resurgence, I did the new nebula backgrounds and the Vorton boss. I believe he's our highest number of animation frames yet -- a whopping eight frames for one quarter turn, looped. ;-)

• Like 1

Thanks for bringing this expansion out for ProtSE Carl, and explaining the small differences with the CGE version. I won't be able to make it to Vegas but I will be eagerly awaiting the general release and will definitely order right away! That's also great that you put in ProtSE when you released it, what was needed to run an expansion cd with the cart today! Nice surprise this is. :)

Protector: RESURGENCE for the Atari Jaguar is now final! Should have the CGE run in-hand in a couple weeks, followed by the unlimited glass-mastered release in mid-September. Both will be shrink-wrapped with full color disc, DVD cover, and insert.

... And joypad overlay???

What kind of price point can we look forward to?

$50 for the CGE version, and $40 for the unlimited version. The unlimited version should be available 2-3 weeks after CGE, so probably right around October 1st. Also, I will charge a lower international shipping, probably $28 flat rate, for 1-3 copies of Resurgence which of course includes worldwide tracking.

Good news on the lower shipping rate and lets hope we dont get stung on customs. I can't speak for Nick but he is a busy man, been trying to track him down and we only live 20 mins away! So although he may plan to stock it in 16/32- Oct 1st might be too optimistic. Personally I might go for direct from Carl as I would like to play it soonest.