IGNORED

Elite rewards are up right now (Earthbound etc)

cimerians

Earthbound is one of them. :) Glad I didnt buy it.

Platinum games:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Dillon's Rolling Western

Dr. Luigi

Earthbound

Fluidity: Spin Cycle

Game & Wario

Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move

NES Remix

Gold games:

Donkey Kong 3

Kid Icarus

Ice Climber

Metroid

Super Mario Bros

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Wario Land 2

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link.

https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do

I'm only gold level this year and pretty disappointing that I get to choose from a list of NES and Gameboy games. Wish they'd at least offer something that isn't available on the eshop, like mp3 downloads of the Japanese Sound Selection CDs.

The selection of prizes for Club Nintendo points is dwindling too. Wonder if Club Nintendo will only offer digital downloads soon? Cost cutting measures...

I'm very disappointed by this years selection of prizes for those that achieved Platinum and Gold status. I own a majority of those games and the ones I don't means I have no interest in them.

Yeah, these downloads are free and yeah, I know Nintendo doesn't have to do it.... but after years of having been awarded an exclusive physical item, I have grown accustomed to adding another item to my growing collection of all things Nintendo.

At least make the digital download unique to north America, or how about awarding games that were never released in NA like Fatal Frame or Day of Disaster.

The selection this year outright sucks. I ended up picking Game & Wario since it would be the most expensive to obtain on its own (plus, I already have Earthbound and NES Remix). I hope this is only an experiment and isn't signaling the end of physical Club Nintendo rewards as we know it. I proudly display some of the previous years' awards. There were some really cool ones Nintendo put together.

Disappointed is a bit of an understatement. I ended up going with Game & Wario, since I might get some eShop credit out of it thanks to the DDP rewards (that and I already paid for the other ones that I actually wanted), but no physical items is a let-down.

The fact that the selection of items on the American Club Nintendo page has been dwindling for months makes me think that NoA is nixing physical rewards altogether. That wouldn't be that bad if the selection wasn't so sparse. Apparently, Nintendo is not limiting options in the rest of the world...

Edited by Karyyk
  • Like 1

Personally, I'd rather have games than physical crap I don't need/would only eventually sell on eBay.

Unfortunately, the games they provided I either already owned or didn't want. I feel they could have done a little better, but free is free I suppose...

Does anyone know if there's an expiration date on a redemption code?

Note that I'm not talking about the Club Nintendo voucher inside participating releases, but rather, the download code you receive when you redeem your coins or select your annual Club Nintendo reward for a downloadable game off their various eShop's.

Edited by Atariboy

Does anyone know if there's an expiration date on a redemption code?

Note that I'm not talking about the Club Nintendo voucher inside participating releases, but rather, the download code you receive when you redeem your coins or select your annual Club Nintendo reward for a downloadable game off their various eShop's.

I don't see any expiration on the email I got. (I just checked my email that I got with the Earthbound voucher code). Cant say for sure but you probably have a long, long time to use it. Have you been sitting on a code for awhile or did you get an older code from someone? I used mine after about a week which is longer than normal...usually I redeem it as soon as I get it.

I'm considering spending some of my coins to get Kid Icarus 3D.

I already own it on my 3DS XL, but I liked it quite a bit and wouldn't mind having a spare on a 2nd 3DS someday (Such as a 2DS XL which I hope they're considering producing).

But if there's a threat it will expire long before the 3DS eShop itself does, I'd rather just sit on these and hope something interesting pops up that I can put to a more immediate use.

Edited by Atariboy

I already own it on my 3DS XL, but I liked it quite a bit and wouldn't mind having a spare on a 2nd 3DS someday (Such as a 2DS XL which I hope they're considering producing).

I wish they would make a 2DS XL too. I would get one in a heartbeat.

I wonder how the sales went for the 2DS....I would think not so good? If not they may never do it but who knows maybe they are ditching 3D.

Maybe we'll see 3D support ditched entirely for their next generation handheld in backwards compatibility mode.

But as long as they're producing this generation of handhelds, I'm confident that a 3D compatible model will remain cataloged until the end and that 3D supported software will remain standard. 3D might've not been all it was cracked up to be, but it was still their signature feature this generation.

I wonder how the sales went for the 2DS....I would think not so good?

I was under the impression that the 2DS was received well, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen any actual sales figures. Either way, I'd love to get a XL version.

Edit: Looks like for the fiscal year ending in March (The first for the 2DS which was available for the 2nd half of this period), the 3DS platform in total sold 1,212 systems (units are in ten thousands). Of that total, the XL version accounted for 787 and the 2DS sold 220.

Not a runaway success, but 2.2 million units probably is more than respectable.

Edited by Atariboy

Yeah.. bogus. I ended up going for NES Remix. I have zero desire for Earthbound since I already bought it new like 20 years ago and I didn't even like it much then. :lol:

But yeah.. the prizes have dwindled substantially.. wtf is going on. I was hoping to get another G&W Ball at least when I saved up enough points, but alas..

I was tempted by Earthbound due to all the hoopla surrounding it finally appearing on the Virtual Console and being one of the better values here (It's a $10 download as I recall). But it just doesn't look fun in gameplay videos as I was reminded the other night when I watched a gameplay video.

I pretty much only like watered down Mario associated JRPG's like Paper Mario 64 it would seem.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't seem worth creating a new thread about this. The new slate of monthly rewards is now out. Hope the doubling up of options continues and wasn't just a one time deal.

Super Mario Bros 2. (Wii U)

Excitebike (Wii U)

Star Fox 64 (Wii)

Vegas Stakes (Wii)

Baseball (3DS)

Puzzle League Express (3DS)

Mario Golf (3DS)

Dr. Mario Express (3DS)

Grabbed Excitebike and was tempted by Star Fox 64.

Edited by Atariboy

The new 3DS games are pretty cool.. but not so much the old downloads for ROMS most of us have had languishing on our hard drives for over a decade at this point. :lol:

Something I didn't realize was the "Wii" downloads for the Virtual Console were different from the "Wii U" downloads. When I cashed in points for Mario Kart 64 I thought it'd be right there on my home screen with my other purchases like Super Metroid and F-Zero.. but lo and behold the download code doesn't work on the wii u store.. to even download the darn thing you have to get to the beautiful 480p Wii menu (hassle #1). Then, it's the same deal whenever you want to play it. Maybe it was just my misunderstanding of it but it's pretty sad they can't just have it available on the main Wii U home screen. I won't be getting any more of those I think...

The new 3DS games are pretty cool.. but not so much the old downloads for ROMS most of us have had languishing on our hard drives for over a decade at this point. :lol:

Something I didn't realize was the "Wii" downloads for the Virtual Console were different from the "Wii U" downloads. When I cashed in points for Mario Kart 64 I thought it'd be right there on my home screen with my other purchases like Super Metroid and F-Zero.. but lo and behold the download code doesn't work on the wii u store.. to even download the darn thing you have to get to the beautiful 480p Wii menu (hassle #1). Then, it's the same deal whenever you want to play it. Maybe it was just my misunderstanding of it but it's pretty sad they can't just have it available on the main Wii U home screen. I won't be getting any more of those I think...

Yeah, anything available via Club Nintendo labeled "Wii / Wii U" is really just for the Wii, and thus if you run it on your Wii U, you will be doing so in the Wii's backwards compatible mode. Watch out for ones in the future that are specifically labeled, "Wii U", and they will be what you are looking for.

On a side note, another red flag with your situation above is the fact that it's a Nintendo 64 game. N64 titles aren't on the Wii U Virtual Console service yet.

• 5 months later...

Just a friendly little bump. I just filled a bunch of surveys and made platinum for the 8th time in a row. 7th, my bad as it only ran 7 years. Sad to see it go and the platinum rewards this year will be digital like last time. There is some new stuff coming in February but it makes me wonder if I was wise to spend 800 coins on the Nintendo 3DS card cases. I've currently got 410 coins left.

post-33189-0-48966100-1421790447_thumb.p