IGNORED

Jaguar Custom Game Hard Cases

Rick Dangerous

• 1 month later...

So do something about it! :grin:

I hadn't noticed works fine for me...The worms cover was made by ChrisWR here on AA.

I appreciate the "do something about it" suggestion. Worms looks a little janky on my screen too. But it might look fine when I print it, IF I print it that is. Not sure I need to play Worms on the Jag.

Also from the do something about it department, rather than question the copyright date on Joust, I quickly modified the file you posted earlier. For anyone else who feels like Joust might be from 1982 game, here's one with a slightly modified copyright date.

post-37344-0-34093000-1490986265_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

We need a black cover one still for Alice's moms rescue! Got the blue but would like a matching style one if possible.

There is one look back a few pages.

I was hard at work in the dungeon last night. The spine pictures are really the only ones that do these cover justice. They look great!

post-38373-0-71017700-1493733769_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-76770700-1493733775_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-40476300-1493733783_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-13070600-1493733789_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-45963100-1493733797_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-43388600-1493733801_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-39986900-1493733810_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Looks great. Always glad to see people outside of TCP community using these covers.

I think here on AA and there on TCP there are lots of lurkers but people definitely use all the resources available, why wouldn't you as a hobbyist.

As you can see from my collection I still have plenty of carts to case :) 2600 collection is next!

So Travis, do you go for cart only and use these cases or store your cardboard boxes (where one is made of course)?

I haven't made the jump into homebrew/indie carts but for my retail games, I keep the cardboard boxes in those hard plastic protectors on shelves and then store the carts for easy access in a bin. I hate how easily the boxes get bent up so I just leave them alone with access to the carts.

I like the set up! Also, did you flash an EEPROM for the Doom 2 maps?

I wish my HP laser printed edge-to-edge like I see most of yours are. My stupid printer imposes a paper-wasting border that pisses me off and there's no way around it. Then you have the fact HP doesn't like me using 3rd party toner and screws with the settings and tries (has succeeded with some) to prevent the use of them. Its wireless function is flaky as hell too. Last HP product I ever purchase. :mad:

I wish my HP laser printed edge-to-edge like I see most of yours are. My stupid printer imposes a paper-wasting border that pisses me off and there's no way around it. Then you have the fact HP doesn't like me using 3rd party toner and screws with the settings and tries (has succeeded with some) to prevent the use of them. Its wireless function is flaky as hell too. Last HP product I ever purchase. :mad:

I use a Samsung C1860FW that i got on sale for $220 $225 from Office depot and it is amazing to print with. Only thing that sucked is i swear they only put 1/4 full toner carts with it.

*Update: Good news, they are still on sale, granted i went in to store to buy mine but same price online: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/766271/Samsung-Xpress-SL-C1860FW-Wireless-Color/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Printers-_-766271-VQ6-177046125998-VQ16-c-VQ17-pla-VQ18-online-VQ19-766271-VQ20-300691925969-VQ21--VQ22-182184476-VQ27-39707814619&adpos=1o1&creative=177046125998&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjw_6XIBRCisIGIrJeQ93oSJAA2cNtMixQrIt5xr1GGixAm21OhKdT_ETRaJhr7w-VHy7tmYRoC3Lrw_wcB

Edited by cjameslv
  • Like 1

So Travis, do you go for cart only and use these cases or store your cardboard boxes (where one is made of course)?

I haven't made the jump into homebrew/indie carts but for my retail games, I keep the cardboard boxes in those hard plastic protectors on shelves and then store the carts for easy access in a bin. I hate how easily the boxes get bent up so I just leave them alone with access to the carts.

I like the set up! Also, did you flash an EEPROM for the Doom 2 maps?

The Doom case I bought off ebay when I first got into UGC's and you can see the (lack of) quality vs. doing it yourself on heavy gloss and at the right size...the Doom II case looks wayyy better IMO. Had the cart made for me to answer your question.

So here is exactly what I do these days:

-Cardboard game boxes go into plastic protectors, and into storage, never to be seen again until I sell a game. I do this because I don't think they are practical to use as storage as they are flimsy and you damage them everytime you take a game out.

-Games go into Universal Game Cases with Art Inserts printed on heavy 11x17 Glossy at Staples. UGC's I buy in bulk and it works out to about $1 a case if you buy them in the 50-100 numbers.

-Some manuals for certain systems fit in with the games (N64 for example), Jaguars do not, but fit the profile of a UGC, so I have a "Jag Manuals" art insert, and about 5 cases full of manuals. Some work is involved as you have to use a dremel tool to clear the tabs out of the cases that usually hold the cartridges in place. Most carts fit just fine but 5200 carts also require some dremel work to fit.

-Manuals that are oversized and don't fit (2600, 5200, 7800), go in a neat stack on my bookshelf. I think I will do binders with plastic inserts eventually for these.

Edited by travistouchdown

Ok so since the 2 covers for Alice's Mom's Rescue are just terrible looking when printed (text is unreadable and just low really res) i went and made a new one for myself but figured maybe some others might need a cover they can read...

post-42412-0-12160400-1493868509_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I use a Samsung C1860FW that i got on sale for $220 $225 from Office depot and it is amazing to print with. Only thing that sucked is i swear they only put 1/4 full toner carts with it.

*Update: Good news, they are still on sale, granted i went in to store to buy mine but same price online: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/766271/Samsung-Xpress-SL-C1860FW-Wireless-Color/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Printers-_-766271-VQ6-177046125998-VQ16-c-VQ17-pla-VQ18-online-VQ19-766271-VQ20-300691925969-VQ21--VQ22-182184476-VQ27-39707814619&adpos=1o1&creative=177046125998&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjw_6XIBRCisIGIrJeQ93oSJAA2cNtMixQrIt5xr1GGixAm21OhKdT_ETRaJhr7w-VHy7tmYRoC3Lrw_wcB

Thanks for the heads up... this looks to be right up my alley as I need a scanner/copier too! Have a friend locally that needs one also and have already told him about my shitty experience with HP. He'll probably snag one of these Samsung's as well.

And I get the sample toner thing when buying new, but to lock you out from purchasing 3rd party toner is total BS. Goodbye HP.

-edit-

OfficeMax, Office Depot and Staples were all out of this unit near me (no surprise there), but just purchased one for $212 shipped on Amazon. :)

• Like 1

The Doom case I bought off ebay when I first got into UGC's and you can see the (lack of) quality vs. doing it yourself on heavy gloss and at the right size...the Doom II case looks wayyy better IMO. Had the cart made for me to answer your question.

So here is exactly what I do these days:

-Cardboard game boxes go into plastic protectors, and into storage, never to be seen again until I sell a game. I do this because I don't think they are practical to use as storage as they are flimsy and you damage them everytime you take a game out.

-Games go into Universal Game Cases with Art Inserts printed on heavy 11x17 Glossy at Staples. UGC's I buy in bulk and it works out to about $1 a case if you buy them in the 50-100 numbers.

-Some manuals for certain systems fit in with the games (N64 for example), Jaguars do not, but fit the profile of a UGC, so I have a "Jag Manuals" art insert, and about 5 cases full of manuals. Some work is involved as you have to use a dremel tool to clear the tabs out of the cases that usually hold the cartridges in place. Most carts fit just fine but 5200 carts also require some dremel work to fit.

-Manuals that are oversized and don't fit (2600, 5200, 7800), go in a neat stack on my bookshelf. I think I will do binders with plastic inserts eventually for these.

Nice. Looks great. I like seeing how everyone else sets this up for easy cart access. Those fragile cardboard boxes are a factor. I have some that open just fine with no issue & others where the crease in the middle of the box top gets worse each time opened.

I like the idea of keeping the manuals handy (Lynx pun :lol:?). I am always having to go to the AA manual scans.

Also, I find any excuse to use my Dremel :).

I need to test the DOOM II file in Project Tempest/VJ, but I love the idea of playing it on actual hardware as a big fan of both the franchise & the Jag.

Edited by Jagosaurus

Ok so since the 2 covers for Alice's Mom's Rescue are just terrible looking when printed (text is unreadable and just low really res) i went and made a new one for myself but figured maybe some others might need a cover they can read...

I like this cover. Best looking one.

• Like 1