IGNORED

Jaguar VR display

Master Phruby

Yes, that part. I wouldn't exactly call Missile Command 3D a system showcase/example of superior coding skills either, but perhaps I'm missing something.

I'm with you on that. It's a nice game, but it's hardly fluid 3D for what it's drawing. Again, check out No Second Prize on a much slower system for far faster rendering.

Blame the controls, seriously.

Someone with a spare trackball that wouldn't mind hacking it and the necessary hardware to load up the MC3D Beta should give it a go and see if it's just that easy.

Edited by Clint Thompson

Blame the controls, seriously.

Someone with a spare trackball that wouldn't mind hacking it and the necessary hardware to load up the MC3D Beta should give it a go and see if it's just that easy.

Err, the controls aren't going to magically increase the frame rate.

I understand the difference between turn rate and frame rate but when people see sluggish or slow movenemt around the screen on a game such as MC3D itself, it gives the impression that it's kind of slow, a'bit clunky,and comes off as a low-FPS game. Since this game actually is directly affected by the input used, it's fair to say the game is crippled by the D-Pad. While the actual FPS may not change, even though it could, it will still "feel" slow this way because of how the game is controlled with the D-Pad. The fact that it moves the entire screen around and is programmed at a controlled rate and not just a ball paddle on the floor, makes all the difference in how this game feels speedwise.

Example - Use the D-Pad: it feels like a 20fps game. Use the HMD: it feels like a 45fps game.

Lousy programmed controls has shit to do with the 3D renderer.

Example - Use the D-Pad: it feels like a 20fps game. Use the HMD: it feels like a 45fps game.

Lousy programmed controls has shit to do with the 3D renderer.

There is no way that's 45 fps. Lousy 'feel good Rose tinted glasses posts' have shit to do with how an actual game performs.

(btw, the game itself is nice and fun, but it's hardly groundbreaking)