IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

2 hours ago, Hastor said:

How does the backbit compare to this compatibility wise etc? I have an LTO Flash but interested in the Backbit for other consoles, and if it did anything better.

In a very few words, LTO games (ROM encrypted for LTO, or ROM using LTO's new special features) run only on LTO Flash. All other roms build for Intellivision works with backbit (i'm only not sure if chess ROM and its "RAM mapping" was fixed) and RTO cart too.

Yes, I think the BackBit has sorted the RAM allocation issues and unusual ROM mappings, at least as long as you stay in the 42K decle (84 kilobytes) realm. It means the LTO Flash may only be strictly required for games larger than so, encrypted games, games using hardware accelerated instructions and games using Flash memory storage for in-game data.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carlsson said:

Yes, I think the BackBit has sorted the RAM allocation issues and unusual ROM mappings, at least as long as you stay in the 42K decle (84 kilobytes) realm. It means the LTO Flash may only be strictly required for games larger than so, encrypted games, games using hardware accelerated instructions and games using Flash memory storage for in-game data.

The Backbit supports Mattel/ECS memory banking for rom files with hundreds of thousands of words.

• Like 1

The problematic word here is "build". Since the RTO is published openly, anyone with the skills and resources to build something can aim for that project like a couple people already have. Those who are stuck with buying what someone else made, are the ones queuing.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

The LTO Flash! boxes remain in Thailand. Hopefully, a distribution solution can be made if LTO attends Portland and distribution can be discussed. No promises. 

Or, we could send some INTVs to the Thais so that they would be able to use the LTOs! 😂

18 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Exactly. The point is that the boxes were printed in Thailand and have been sitting for a year.

I think most people would take one without a box 😆

(I'm sure there's more holding it up than a lack of boxes though)

8 hours ago, aotta said:

I guess there's no board anywhere, only the shells 😅

No need to spread disinformation. As said many times, there are approximately 350 LTO Flash! boards, shells, stickers and manuals. What needs to be done is the notching of the shells, the firmware installed on the boards, the boxes built and then sold. That will happen when it happens. No need to speculate about the LTO Flash!. We've been saying what the situation is for a long time. 

39 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

No need to spread disinformation. As said many times, there are approximately 350 LTO Flash! boards, shells, stickers and manuals. What needs to be done is the notching of the shells, the firmware installed on the boards, the boxes built and then sold. That will happen when it happens. No need to speculate about the LTO Flash!. We've been saying what the situation is for a long time. 

Ok i was ironic and i'm sorry, but i think it's your information that it's not accurate, you are saying that Monnalisa is almost ready because the paints, canvas and brush are there! 

The LTO flash will be done if and when Joe Zbiciak will load the firmware and generate the magic key into each cart with his magic fluid.

In the last two years, he had no time nor mood for doing it.

So, I guess the LTO Flash won't be done for others years. Does Joe told you something different?

Ok, i was again too ironic... sorry! 😁

Let me help you with your sentence. I will drop all of your sarcasm so it's clear what is happening.

"LTO Flash! will have more copies available if and when Joe Zbiciak loads the firmware onto each cartridge. (  <------- which have already been manufactured)"

That's all people need to know. 

45 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Let me help you with your sentence. I will drop all of your sarcasm so it's clear what is happening.

"LTO Flash! will have more copies available if and when Joe Zbiciak loads the firmware onto each cartridge. (  <------- which have already been manufactured)"

That's all people need to know. 

Thank you for helping me, and you recapped perfectly my thought, except for the "if" question... 

i think people who periodically ask here for an LTO Flash come from the LTO site where the good news, dated 30th december 2020, that the LTO would be "available soon": now, i'm in waiting list (or, better, i wrote the email as requested in the site, but never got an answer) since beginning of 2021, and i think dozens people are in my same situation, without no official info.

So, i think people NEED to know more.... are you SURE that Joe will return on business, or is only your hope?

As you probably know, i made an alternative opensource multicart, the RTO Cart, and there is the good "Back bit" on the market, so i don't need anymore a LTO, but i think other people need to know if and what waiting for, or buy a Back Bit. 

Well, I went from sarcasm to cynicism, but I don't think I did misinformation!

Edited by aotta

If my memory serves me well,  I believe that December 2020 was particularly bad for Covid and many people were working from home. It was about then I believe that things got crazy with Joe's day job. Sure, it's possible that he many throw a bunch of already spent money away and walk away permanently from the scene,  but I personally doubt it. In the meantime,  why don't you supply the community with your cartridge and stop being sarcastic and cynical?

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
auto correct changes