IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

50 minutes ago, Special Teams said:

I'd like to get on the "How to get your LTO, that you've had for years, to work because you're a moron and can't figure it out" list.

Are you SURE that you're using a data cable? There are charging only cables that are useless on the LTO Flash!

If you are coming to Portland, bring your LTO Flash! and I'll get it going with my netbook I'm bringing. 

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

Official LTO backorder list. 

1. Rev

2. Rev

3. Adamj91

4. Special Teams

5. Wolfy62

6. ?

I have been keeping a list for a while for when LTO returns. Somehow, I think that it is unnecessary as I think everyone will hear about it being sold again very quickly. 

On 7/28/2023 at 1:23 PM, aotta said:

Well, I went from sarcasm to cynicism, but I don't think I did misinformation!

You said in a previous post: "I guess there's no board anywhere, only the shells 😅

Yes, I get that you were being sarcastic. However, it could be misinterpreted by some people who don't read things very carefully as "there's no board (sic) anywhere". In other words, people could think that the boards still need to be manufactured and then they start thinking 'Oh noooooo, there's a chip shortage! The LTO Flash! will NEVER BE MADE AGAIN' and then start paying insane prices on eBay for one. 

16 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

You said in a previous post: "I guess there's no board anywhere, only the shells 😅

Yes, I get that you were being sarcastic. However, it could be misinterpreted by some people who don't read things very carefully as "there's no board (sic) anywhere". In other words, people could think that the boards still need to be manufactured and then they start thinking 'Oh noooooo, there's a chip shortage! The LTO Flash! will NEVER BE MADE AGAIN' and then start paying insane prices on eBay for one. 

I remain in the opinion that the boards without firmware are only shells.

But i realized that my goal to clarify the situation was a failure... and started this funny new "Official" list! 😂

Yuou GFYI are totally right, people don't read things very carefully... i'm afraid they don't read post at all, but only the topic! ;)

EDIT:

and, to be clear, i'm only critical for the situation, not for the LTO that i like very much and hope i could buy one, if it'll be on market!

Edited by aotta
added a clarification

2 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Are you SURE that you're using a data cable? There are charging only cables that are useless on the LTO Flash!

If you are coming to Portland, bring your LTO Flash! and I'll get it going with my netbook I'm bringing. 

I'll be there and I'll bring it with me.  And stop with all the techno-babble, I'm not an engineer! 😁

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I believe that December 2020 was particularly bad for Covid and many people were working from home. It was about then I believe that things got crazy with Joe's day job.

FWIW, his latest post on AtariAge was in this thread on April 8, 2021 so about four months into the new year. Since then, either he is active elsewhere (mailing lists?) or have been working 24/7 at his $DAYJOB for the past 27 months which is perfectly possible (I recorded 20+ hours of overtime myself in the past week and barely got to read my personal mail for a week) but unfortunate for the community. Hopefully things settle down slightly so the next batch of the LTO Flash! could be ready at least for Christmas 2023?

2 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I wonder if the new BBG Entertainment FPGA Intellivision will come out before new LTO carts do.  I'll be saving my loonies and beaver bucks up for that sweet sounding new system.

According to William, BBG Entertainment got the rights to all the Intellivision properties previously owned by Intellivision Productions.  That should include the exec, needed to make an Intellivision compatible system.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

According to William, BBG Entertainment got the rights to all the Intellivision properties previously owned by Intellivision Productions.  That should include the exec, needed to make an Intellivision compatible system.

Actually, they have a non-exclusive license to use the Intellivision OS and all the original games, currently and still owned by Intellivision Entertainment, LLC. 

And, yes, they have the rights to use the Exec and graphic ROM and we're going to make an Intellivision 3 console. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Actually, they have a non-exclusive license to use the Intellivision OS and all the original games, currently and still owned by Intellivision Entertainment, LLC. 

And, yes, they have the rights to use the Exec and graphic ROM and we're going to make an Intellivision 3 console. 

Where's the best place to follow this project and not miss out?