IGNORED

What's the latest games you've played on your Wii U?

Ransom

I've been giving The Wonderful 101 a second chance. I quit playing it around when you get Wonder-Green (the gun) last year when I bought it. It's so unique that I wanted to really give it a good chance. This time I'm figuring more stuff out about the combat, and how to take control of different Wonderfuls. It's a freaking awesome game, but it's so damn hard and BUSY, it makes it hard to concentrate.

I've been giving The Wonderful 101 a second chance. I quit playing it around when you get Wonder-Green (the gun) last year when I bought it. It's so unique that I wanted to really give it a good chance. This time I'm figuring more stuff out about the combat, and how to take control of different Wonderfuls. It's a freaking awesome game, but it's so damn hard and BUSY, it makes it hard to concentrate.

I'm looking forward to trying this myself. I meant to pick it up early on but let it slip by (once that happens, I forget about it and never get around to it. Oops). I ended up snagging it a few weeks back via download because it was one of the Club Nintendo download options, and I needed to burn through a bunch of coins.

They haven't really clarified that, but I assume it will be both. This seems fully featured enough to at least justify a $40 price tag, assuming that it comes with a pre-made Mario platformer.

Edited by Atariboy

The latest game I played with the Wii-U was "How long will it take me to sell this POS?" but that was almost a year ago. :rolling: :P

Personally I bought the U as replacement unit for my broken original Wii, for the Platinum Games, and Capcoms VC library. For all those purposes it does the trick. I actually think it's an amazing piece of Hardware and it's a shame that there's no software for it. First half of 2015 didn't see a single disc release with a green metascore yet - beyond ridiculous.

Back to the subject, in a recent sale I picked up 'Art of Balance', so that's what currently gets the most playtime next to 'NES Remix' (Already saw credits rolling, but I'm still aiming for triple stars in each task :))

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's been Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros, Mario kart with 3 more friends and smash with 7 more friends is the best.. we have been playing these for over 1/2 a year and it just never gets nothing in the least. Both games definitely worth the price of purchasing a system.

So looking forward to Splatoon.. can't wait to play that one.

Oh and the bayonetta combo game with both of them... bayonetta looks so sexy in her princess peach micro dress...ha ha.

• Like 1

Personally I bought the U as replacement unit for my broken original Wii, for the Platinum Games, and Capcoms VC library. For all those purposes it does the trick. I actually think it's an amazing piece of Hardware and it's a shame that there's no software for it. First half of 2015 didn't see a single disc release with a green metascore yet - beyond ridiculous.

Back to the subject, in a recent sale I picked up 'Art of Balance', so that's what currently gets the most playtime next to 'NES Remix' (Already saw credits rolling, but I'm still aiming for triple stars in each task :))

I am lovin the NES Remix!! I can't believe that game is getting a lot of hate by reviewers (from what I have come across). They need to realize it's mini games and not a full compilation of each NES game on there. And they put a great twist to it as well like using Samus and Link for SMB, Toad from Mario 2 in Zelda 2, inverted levels, mirrored stages, collecting mushrooms, etc. I have all the 3 stars but am working in getting all the rainbow stars and am almost completed with that. I like the bonus Super Luigi Bros. Mario 1 reversed and Luigi with his high jumping and the Nintendo World Championship extra as well.

• Like 1

I'm considering Toad's Treasure Tracker. I haven't played Mario 3D world, and I understand the Toad game is basically a spinoff, but it actually looks like a fun puzzle game. I've still got to finish Wonderful 101, and have sealed copies of Watch Dogs and Game & Wario to play yet as well.

I'm considering Toad's Treasure Tracker. I haven't played Mario 3D world, and I understand the Toad game is basically a spinoff, but it actually looks like a fun puzzle game. I've still got to finish Wonderful 101, and have sealed copies of Watch Dogs and Game & Wario to play yet as well.

I highly recommend Toad's Treasure Tracker. It starts of easy at first but it gets more difficult, especially if you want to get 100%.

Also if you get a Toad Amiibo and you can unlock a mode where you find a hidden Pixel Toad on the levels.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally started playing Bayonetta 2, but about halfway into it I have to admit that I'm not liking it as much as I did the first one. Let's hope it improves during the second half :)

I don't find it fundamentally different from any other action game of its kind. From God of War, Dante's Inferno etc... It's just that Bayonetta has a nice ass so that goes along way with anime pervs.

I don't find it fundamentally different from any other action game of its kind. From God of War, Dante's Inferno etc... It's just that Bayonetta has a nice ass so that goes along way with anime pervs.

It's just... I loved the first one for everything it did, but the sequel does nothing but the same again. It's more Bayonetta 1.2 than Bayonetta 2, like they handed their trainees a level editor and asked them to make more of the same. And, maybe that's also just me, it feels like every scenery/location and enemy in the game is recycled half a dozen times. Either that or everything just looks the same.

Still debating on getting 3D Mario World. Is it as good as the reviews say it is? I heard many people say it's more fun with multiplayers. I prefer single gameplay.

I recently wrapped this one up after conquering Champions Road, and did it all solo. Been worth every penny and was an amazing 40 hours or so to 100% it (Minus four character specific stamps that will require me to rebeat every level with every character; I played through exclusively as Mario, only switching once in a great while to activate a handful of character specific switches that Mario couldn't).

If anything, the reviews haven't heaped enough praise on it.