IGNORED

What's the latest games you've played on your Wii U?

Ransom

Thank you for the review. I can put this one on my list but something I don't need right away.

People can have polarized view points about the game pad. I'd rather play a game like this with the Pro controller. Sometimes I wonder if Nintendo would have been better off if they just used the Pro pad as the standard and if their research and development dollars would have been better spent on making something more beefier than the last generation.

Nintendo has always put more of a focus on fun and affordability and put tech on the back burner.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep revisiting Mario Maker. Even when I think I am burned out on it, a week or two later I end up coming back and getting hooked again. It's such a good game. Even Xenoblade has been put on the backburner multiple times because of it, and that's something I definitely wasn't expecting.

Mario maker, splatoon and yoshi's wolly world. The best game is yoshis wolly world. Better than Mario games with no time limit on the levels. I am glad I picked this game up.

Splatoon has music that is torture. Thanks to what sounds like jap. techno.

Mario maker only tried 15 minutes and was bored as not much to do apparently everything needs to be unlocked.

I basically handed my son the Gamepad and he took care of the unlocks in Mario Maker. I wish there was just a setting. It was helpful for him to have his hand held (he's just about 4) and I didn't really mind it. It's a lot like having abilities and items slowly dolled out in a more traditional game but it did feel awfully forced and not necessary for many players.

Ya know what I really don't get about the wii u is all the bitching about the gamepad. My kids will not even play it without the gamepad at ages 7 and 13 both girls do not find it too bulky as these "men" online here claim it is.

The only gripe is when the battery is drained gaming is over. But thats ok. after hours of playing they can do their freaking homework!

• Like 1

This weekend we played a lot of Epic Mickey: The Power of 2. I picked it up with Captain Toad and Duck Tales a while back for pretty cheap off Amazon sales. For what it is it's pretty fun so far. It's really slow going coop with an almost 4 year old. In fact, a few times I've held both controllers . You can turn off the second player to do the more technical team work yourself, though. I'm not very familiar with Disney's history but even without it I appreciate the style of the characters and levels. There is some pretty rough framerate and a few other rough gameplay edges but overall it's pretty fun. Definitely worth the 10 bucks or less it was.

Also been playing through Luigi's Mansion on the GCN for the first time. I've had my 'cube since launch but never ended up buying or playing it. Really enjoy this game. So far it's significantly easier than the 3DS version but quite a lot of fun nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

I only issue I have with the WiiU game pad is battery life.

Currently playing Child of Light.

It's a pretty good Metriodvania style RPG. Fantastic graphics.

I hate to say it but buy it on another platform because (I recently learned) the developers have decided not to release any of the DLC on the WiiU.

Currently playing Child of Light.

It's a pretty good Metriodvania style RPG. Fantastic graphics.

I hate to say it but buy it on another platform because (I recently learned) the developers have decided not to release any of the DLC on the WiiU.

I beat it on PS4 or PC (I cant remember)....but yes the DLC was pretty good actually. I thought it was a good "turn based" RPG.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is fun! I just wish I knew what some of the stuff did, there's really no hand holding, you have to figure out some stuff on your own.

I'm not saying I could do better but at times it's like the interface works against you. I just sat there and pushed stuff on the Gamepad till things happened and then tried to remember what they were. Sure I could read the manual but reading is for losers.

I'm not saying I could do better but at times it's like the interface works against you. I just sat there and pushed stuff on the Gamepad till things happened and then tried to remember what they were. Sure I could read the manual but reading is for losers.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm doing.

A few more days I am picking up Mighty No. 9. I absolutley can't wait to play this one, being a huge fan of the Mega Man and Mega Man X Series. Anyone else getting it? I know I will be glued to this one for quite a while.

I won't because I don't think that it'll be any good, but you won't either, since it's got delayed once again...