IGNORED

TG-16 Season 4

What do you want?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Rounds or month long

• Month long contest with 10 games
    • Month long contest that every week 2 games are removed
    • 10 week contest with 1 game per week
    • or like last time with rounds last 2 weeks after one week another game is added

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Was there a non-Japanese release of Ghouls and Ghosts for TG16/PCE? I haven't found it in the romset I have, that's why I nominated Daimakaimura.

My scores and screenshots so far:

R-Type - 147,400

attachicon.gifR-Type (U) - 140829_1830.PNG

Terra Cresta - 1,012,600

attachicon.gifTerra Cresta II - Mandrer no Gyakushuu (J) - 140829_1944.PNG

Daimakaimura - 16,000

attachicon.gifDaimakaimura (J) (SGX) - 140830_1250.PNG

Vigilante - 810

attachicon.gifVigilante (U) - 140901_0930.PNG

Check your messages

We're playing at defaults, so for Air Zonk its spicy & auto. For Darkwing Duck it's normal, and then you get to choose one of several characters (criminals to pursue?). That determines your starting level and I guess every choice is allowed, right wolfman? And yeah, I'm sure that whoever nominated this game had nostalgic reasons for that, but it's not very good to put it diplomatically.

Darkwing Duck - 3000

post-36127-0-63830000-1409830056_thumb.png

right donpedro

on a side note this might be the last season of tg 16 i am hosting unless you guys want me to keep doing it or if someone wants to take over i keep help whoever set it up

I enjoy it and will even more so when I get the caps on my PCE duo replaced, so I would like to see it continue.

right donpedro

on a side note this might be the last season of tg 16 i am hosting unless you guys want me to keep doing it or if someone wants to take over i keep help whoever set it up

I can do next season...I would like to know what scoring system all of you would like...I know my last time out was not popular...cheers

• Like 1

I can do next season...I would like to know what scoring system all of you would like...I know my last time out was not popular...cheers

I'm fine with either scoring system, both have their advantages and disadvantages. As for competition structure I think that the current one wolfman is using - 10 games played for month or so - is ideal for high score competition. I like it much more than weekly rounds.

By the way guys, could you also enter your scores using the form wolfman provided in post #12. This way we could have updated standigs (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7ZOSWpwT7cCLqNQNCU2fPjSLRPrfUN5MsNL3HesZtg/edit#gid=156584486)

I'm fine with either scoring system, both have their advantages and disadvantages. As for competition structure I think that the current one wolfman is using - 10 games played for month or so - is ideal for high score competition. I like it much more than weekly rounds.

By the way guys, could you also enter your scores using the form wolfman provided in post #12. This way we could have updated standigs (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7ZOSWpwT7cCLqNQNCU2fPjSLRPrfUN5MsNL3HesZtg/edit#gid=156584486)

Would said games be cards only or are we open to CD games as well???

I'm going to start playing...not much time left, I know, but I'll try. do we post our scores here or use that form thing?

Contest starts now and will last intil September 26th

scoreboard https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7ZOSWpwT7cCLqNQNCU2fPjSLRPrfUN5MsNL3HesZtg/edit?usp=drive_web

form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11Tq77FHLMoe9WypjDfHgcz-xkoxuOyA3sxnsYa1BTbA/edit

games

Cratermaze
Alien Crush
Parasol Stars
Air Zonk
R-Type
Darkwing Duck
Vigilante
Terra Cresta II
Daimakaimura
Bonk's Adventure

happy gaming and if you want in the contest just let me know so i can add you to the scoreboard and form

Edited by jblenkle

I'm open to CD games if I can play 'em.

I found a video that shows you how to download and install a TG 16 / PC Engine emulator

I have included all the bios files for those who do not want to use Magic Engine

zip.gif System_Card_Pack.rar 838.7KB 21 downloads

Magic Engine is (in my opinion) the best TG 16 / PC Engine emulator out there...however is does cost $20.00 (twenty) USD for the Magic Engine....there are other files that you can get but they are not necessary as the Magic Engine will do everything you need.

The Magic Engine will run CD based games from your PC's CD ROM drive or DVD drive but I know that there are those who do not want to run burned discs...there is a solution to that...Daemon Tools Lite

http://www.daemon-to...products/dtLite

Once you have Daemon Tools Lite installed...here is a video link on howto do just that

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kZCCsQBI_Yo

You will then need to get some cd images ....you can google for them there are numerous sites that have them. For the uninitiated.... you will see a rom file that looks like this air_zonk(J) U = USA J = Japan

U mean it was released in USA

J means it was only released in Japan and may or may not have english translation or sub titles

Ok.. so now you have a CD image...now what....well open your Daemon Tools Lite and then add the image to your catalog

The red arrow is pointing to the add file icon

post-34056-0-94782500-1378605810_thumb.p

Once a file is in the catalog....Select it as displayed by the 1 arrow...then click on the Mount icon displayed by the 2 arrow

post-34056-0-04262700-1378605810_thumb.p

Once this is done then either minimize or close that window (closing the windows will not un mount the image or close the program )

Open Magic Engine and click on Boot CD

The Game then Loads and you can then begin playing

Edited by NIKON

Would said games be cards only or are we open to CD games as well???

I'd rather play only HuCard games. There are two options for me:

1) Pay 20$ for Magic Engine, which I'm not gonna do in near future

2) Burn iso on cd and use Ootake to "install" it. I found a tutorial for this online and it seems like a LOT of fuss. Now, there are some PC Engine CD exclusives like Spriggan or Nexzr I'd like to play even besides high score competition, but I also have limited time for gaming. Just wanna load a rom file and play some games.

I used TurboEngine emulator before and there were some problems with it. Some of the CD games didn't work, some worked but weren't emulated properly etc.