IGNORED

Just picked up a TI-99 :)

Iwantgames:)

Just got a TI-99 w/ Munchman, TI Invaders, Parsec and A-maze-ing. Fun little machine :) what other games are recommended for it?

It depends, on how much you want to $pend! :)

The truth is a guy could go broke buying individual cartridges, so many people end up buying a Nano-PEB and then downloading all the games they want and running them from that device. You can get an idea of what the Nano-PEB is << HERE >>

Some of my favorite games are TI-Scramble, Road Hunter, Moon Patrol, Pole Position and of course Parsec which you already have. You can also see a graphic representation and download a lot of the TI games << HERE >>

Welcome Aboard! You'll enjoy the ride!

It depends, on how much you want to $pend! :)

The truth is a guy could go broke buying individual cartridges, so many people end up buying a Nano-PEB and then downloading all the games they want and running them from that device. You can get an idea of what the Nano-PEB is << HERE >>

Some of my favorite games are TI-Scramble, Road Hunter, Moon Patrol, Pole Position and of course Parsec which you already have. You can also see a graphic representation and download a lot of the TI games << HERE >>

Welcome Aboard! You'll enjoy the ride!

Hmm nifty, how much is one of those/where can I buy one?

Hmm nifty, how much is one of those/where can I buy one?

The guy sells them on eBay now and then. He'll usually put up 5 or 6 and they'll be gone in a couple of hours. The price is around $60, which comes to about what you would end up paying for a few cartridges with shipping. You might want to follow the "TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice" thread. When the guy has a few up for sale, sometimes people will put the word out there. So if you have notices activated on followed topics you'll get an email; that thread is << HERE >>.

Actually I ordered it on the 8th and got it the 11th ;)

Btw whats the little door for :lol:

The little door was originally going to be a place to insert other additional ROM speech modules, but they changed their minds. It's my understanding that a few of the earlier (and rare) units actually have the hardware to accept them, but all the later units did away with it.

I think that extra space would be a nice place to stick a RTC, but I doubt that will ever happen.

When I got my first 4a back in the dark winter of 1983-I thought that the only games around that used the speech synth were Alpiner and Parsec(living in the UK with crap software availability kind of proved me to be right)-BUT, when I got back into the 4a I was genuinely surprised by the amount of cartridge software that used the speech synth.

• Like 1