IGNORED

An Introduction & Hello

mthompson

Hi everybody. I joined AtariAge last month and have corresponded with a few members about Intellivision stuff, but I thought it was about time that I posted an introduction and said hello to everyone.

Though I graduated from college, got a job, and bought an Intellivision in 1980, I only recently rediscovered the system and have been thoroughly enjoying it, both on real hardware and in emulation. My original console went black screen in about 1988, but I kept it, figuring I could eventually repair it. Well, that didn't go so well this spring, but in the process of trying, I found out that Intellivision has experienced continued interest and development all these years, especially the last few. And then, of course, there's eBay. So I've picked up copies of games I never had or even knew about. And the best thing is that most are way cheaper than they were in 1982! With the help of Tennis, Spiker, and Chip Shot, I've even managed to win my wife over, thus providing me with an opponent for the sports games.

I've been following the discussions on this forum about the hardware and games now available and coming soon, compiling my wish list. Though I'm not trying to build a collection, even the discussions about collecting have been interesting to read. You guys are a fun, interesting, and lively bunch. I'm catching up on The Intellivisionaries podcasts. And I'm trying to make some small contributions to the cause with the skills that I've got.

So thanks for being here, everybody. One question, though: does The Intv Brotherhood have any kind of bizarre initiation ritual I should be aware of? :D

Mark

• Like 6

Hi everybody. I joined AtariAge last month and have corresponded with a few members about Intellivision stuff, but I thought it was about time that I posted an introduction and said hello to everyone.

Though I graduated from college, got a job, and bought an Intellivision in 1980, I only recently rediscovered the system and have been thoroughly enjoying it, both on real hardware and in emulation. My original console went black screen in about 1988, but I kept it, figuring I could eventually repair it. Well, that didn't go so well this spring, but in the process of trying, I found out that Intellivision has experienced continued interest and development all these years, especially the last few. And then, of course, there's eBay. So I've picked up copies of games I never had or even knew about. And the best thing is that most are way cheaper than they were in 1982! With the help of Tennis, Spiker, and Chip Shot, I've even managed to win my wife over, thus providing me with an opponent for the sports games.

I've been following the discussions on this forum about the hardware and games now available and coming soon, compiling my wish list. Though I'm not trying to build a collection, even the discussions about collecting have been interesting to read. You guys are a fun, interesting, and lively bunch. I'm catching up on The Intellivisionaries podcasts. And I'm trying to make some small contributions to the cause with the skills that I've got.

So thanks for being here, everybody. One question, though: does The Intv Brotherhood have any kind of bizarre initiation ritual I should be aware of? :D

Mark

Yes, you must renounce Craptari and Craplecovision. :)

Welcome to the forum. I always seem to forget how many people frequently read, yet never join or comment. It's always nice when more people jump in the pool :)

Once you get your wishlist established, feel free to share it. Some of the folks here may be able to help out. Beware the collecting bug, though. Completism ruined my life ;-)

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. Glad you like the avatar. I went looking for a cool Intellivision t-shirt, but when I couldn't find any, I decided to make my own. I spent a couple of weeks designing it, incorporating images from games that have been my favorites. It was just for me and a couple of friends, and I'm not here to sell shirts, but if anyone wants one, please help yourselves: http://thompson.spreadshirt.com

I set it up with two choices of shirts. One has lots of color choices. The other costs a bit more but has more sizes & some different colors. Domestic shipping is $4.50 and they also ship worldwide. They're a pretty good company to work with. Digital printing isn't quite as vibrant as screen printing, but it does give the art a classic look.

I'm also working on something else, but it's not ready for prime time yet. It might be ready before baseball season is over ;)

• Like 3

Thanks for the welcome. Glad you like the avatar. I went looking for a cool Intellivision t-shirt, but when I couldn't find any, I decided to make my own. I spent a couple of weeks designing it, incorporating images from games that have been my favorites. It was just for me and a couple of friends, and I'm not here to sell shirts, but if anyone wants one, please help yourselves: http://thompson.spreadshirt.com

I set it up with two choices of shirts. One has lots of color choices. The other costs a bit more but has more sizes & some different colors. Domestic shipping is $4.50 and they also ship worldwide. They're a pretty good company to work with. Digital printing isn't quite as vibrant as screen printing, but it does give the art a classic look.

I'm also working on something else, but it's not ready for prime time yet. It might be ready before baseball season is over ;)

I ordered a shirt. One of the cheaper ones in the default blue. I like that color best. :)

I ordered two one for me and one for my brother. Thanks

I'm also working on something else, but it's not ready for prime time yet. It might be ready before baseball season is over

how long will these be available ? I want to get two for my nephews for Christmas.