IGNORED

Computer and Video Games Magazine?

From the Digital Press database (this information is also available in the book):

Game Dollar Value Rarity Released Description

Computer Games Vol 2 #4 February 1984 $12 /R6 Cover: Balls in a 3D maze. Feature articles include Top Secrets from Atari's Lab, The Truth About Coleco's Adam.

Computer Games Vol 3 #1 April 1984 $12 /R6 Cover: Dragon's Lair scene. Feature articles include Laser Mania!, Telegaming, Interview with Don Bluth.

Computer Games Vol 3 #2 June 1984 $12 /R6 Cover: Kind of an abstract drawing with a frame, eye, doorknob, and question marks.. Feature articles include Weird Things to do With Your Computer, Videogame Buyer's Guide, Interview with six computer game programmers.

Computer Games Vol 3 #3 Jul/Aug 1984 $12 /R6 Cover: Darth Vader-looking character. Feature articles include The Golden Floppy Awards, Everything but Joysticks, (odd irony) Tim McVey Day.

Computer Games Vol 3 #4 Nov/Dec 1984 $12 /R6 There was no Sep/Oct issue. Cover: Ballblazer. Feature articles include LucasFilm games, Atari's New 7800, Computer Games for President.

Computer Games Vol 3 #5 Jan/Feb 1985 $12 /R6 Cover: 200 Games (in large letters). Feature articles include report from the 1984 SIGGRAPH show, The Year in Computers, How to Beat Infocom.

Game Dollar Value Rarity Released Description

Video Games Vol 1 #01 August 1982 $14 /R6 Premiere Issue. Cover: A 3D view of Pac-Man. Feature articles include an interview with Nolan Bushnell, an inside look at Activision, an interview with Buckner & Garcia.

Video Games Vol 1 #02 October 1982 $14 /R6 "Cover: An ""Enduro-looking"" car driving off into the horizon. Feature articles include an interview with Tim Skelly, a look at the history of Coleco, Video Games go to the Movies."

Video Games Vol 1 #03 December 1982 $14 /R6 Cover: Corporate Wars - spaceships with videogame company logos on them battling it out in space. Feature articles include interview with Ken Uston and George Plimpton, Programming for Dollars, an inside-look at Midway. This issue also features a very informative history of Atari with loads of pictures.

Video Games Vol 1 #04 January 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: King Kong climbing the Empire State Building with Mario on his heels. Feature articles include an interview with Imagic founders Bill Grubb and Dennis Koble, the story of Parker Brothers' foray into videogames, Holiday Gift Guide

Video Games Vol 1 #05 February 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: A cockpit view from a spaceship - What's New for '83. Feature articles include an interview with Ralph Baer, Playing Games with Cable, Chats with six videogame insiders about the future of video games.

Video Games Vol 1 #06 March 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: Donkey Kong, Dig Dug, and Pac-Man graphics - Video Games on Trial. Feature articles include Women in videogames - interviews with Janice Hendricks (Joust) and Dona Bailey (Centipede), Rating the Joysticks,

Video Games Vol 1 #07 April 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: Uncle Sam with a Joust Ostrich and Q*Bert on each side of him. Feature articles include an interview with Activision President Jim Levy, 1983 CES report, Journey to the Center of EPCOT.

Video Games Vol 1 #08 May 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: A bunch of cartoon characters busting out of a TV. Feature articles include a report on the 1983 Toy Fare, Cartoon characters in video games, Interactive laserdiscs.

Video Games Vol 1 #09 June 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: Ms. Pac-Man sitting on a couch. Feature articles include an interview with Coleco President Arnold Greenberg, an interview with Atari's George Opperman, Turning your home game system into a computer.

Video Games Vol 1 #10 July 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: Dragon's illustration. Feature articles include an interview with CBS Electronics' Robert Hunter, Behind the Scenes at Starcade, A report on the Amusement Operator's Expo.

Video Games Vol 1 #11 August 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: Videogame characters on the beach - Summer Fun. Feature articles include an interview with Fox's Frank O'Connell, a report on Wargames the movie.

Video Games Vol 1 #12 September 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: Computers, Handhelds, and videogame characters floating in space. Feature articles include an interview with John Farrand & Don Osborne of Atari Games, Video Games go Aerobic.

Video Games Vol 2 #01 October 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: War scene with various era planes and soldiers trying to shoot them down - War Games. Feature articles include an interview with Parker Brothers' Richard Stearns, Fall Electronics Review.

Video Games Vol 2 #02 November 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: Star Wars illustration. Feature articles include The Making of Star Wars, Welcome to the Computer Age.

Video Games Vol 2 #03 December 1983 $14 /R6 Cover: Space Ace. Feature articles include Rob Fulop talks about game design, The best laserdisc games, An Open Letter to All Game Designers.

Video Games Vol 2 #04 January 1984 $14 /R6 Cover: Some psycho holding a skull in his hand. Feature articles include The Art Side of Video Games, The Untold History of Video Games.

Video Games Vol 2 #05 February 1984 $14 /R6 Cover: Clint Eastwood - Firefox. Feature articles include 1984 Coin-Op show report, Elements of Style.

Video Games Vol 2 #06 March 1984 $14 /R6 Cover: Track & Field illustration. Feature articles include the Video Games First Annual (and last annual) Players' Choice Awards, an interview with Epyx's Michael Katz, A report on Xonox.

Video Games Vol 2 #07 April 1984 $14 /R6 Cover: Blue blocks flying over a road - Williams' Star Rider laserdisc. Feature articles include a Winter CES report, New Controls for New Video.

Video Games Vol 2 #08 May 1984 $14 /R6 Cover: A skeleton in a black cloak. Feature articles include an interview with Nolan Bushnell, Insights into computer graphics.

Video Games Vol 2 #09 Summer/Fall 1984 $14 /R6 Cover: Three Stooges and Attila the Hun arcade machines. This is the last issue of Video Games. Feature articles include an interview with Walter Day, Atari's 7800.

Joe, thanks for the info on those two magazines, Computer Games Magazine and Video Games Magazine. I have the DP 6 guide and did see those mags listed there. Actually, the magazine I was asking about is a UK magazine called "Computer & Video Games", which started in Nov 1981. I don't think this publication is listed in the guide. I found this good website on this magazine, you can see some info here:

http://www.old-computer-mags.co.uk/cvg_thumbs1.htm

I recently was involved in a deal where I happened to get about 14 of these magazines, starting from issue #1. I thought I would like to add these to my huge collection of US based magazines that I currently have. After receiving these and thumbing through them, I've decided that they just don't really float my boat. :-(

Now that I have everyones attention, I need the following mags for my collection:

Colecovision Experience #2

Electronic Fun w/Computers and Games Apr 83, Oct 83, Jan 84

Joystik Apr 83, Sep 83, Dec 83

Video Gaming Illustrated Jan 84

Video Games Jan 83, Apr 83, Aug 83, May 84, Fall 84

Video Games Player Dec 82/Jan 83, Feb/Mar 83, Apr/May 83, Jun/Jul 83

Computer Games Apr 84, Jun 84, and any later issues.

If anyone has any of these issues and is willing to sell or trade, PLEASE let me know.

I've still got a few issues of C&VG from late '83 & early '84. This was a pretty good magazine that managed to cover a lot of different machines and did have some good reader's programs (yes, I did type out all of the 'Biorythms' program :roll: )

It should be still quite collectable, certainly the guy to ask in the UK about this sort of stuff would be Chris Hind, a very knowledgable Atari person based in Kent.

I never seen much of early issues, but I can't pretend I've ever been particualry impressed by C&VG, at least while I've been exposed to it in the last 8 years or so. I was reading it in my earlier gaming days- but I'm only 21, so that was in about '93-94. It seemed fine then, but now i've grown up I find it's often a bit immature. While i'll respect the opinion of a magazine like edge even if I disagree with it, that is not the case here. I thought its Poll on the Top100 games a year or so ago was a farce.