IGNORED

New pacman for atari 2600

DINTAR816

On 8/20/2019 at 8:43 PM, Kaboomer said:

I always wondered if someone could dig into Missile Command and add the satellites that are in the arcade version: "Arcade Missile Command" if you will for the 2600!

Ask and you shall receive! 

7 hours ago, MissCommand said:

Nukey Shay did do that! He made a three base missile command (using the second joystick I think) and added in the satellites. I just wish he had made the satellite option for the one base Missile Command... playing with two joysticks at one time is difficult!

Yeah I forgot about this one until you said that and I had to research my homebrew "List"! - Link above

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

Ask and you shall receive! 

Yeah I forgot about this one until you said that and I had to research my homebrew "List"! - Link above

Missile Command Arcade is awesome.  It also supports the Track & Field controller.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Since I'm playing the v8 version quite a bit it came to my attention there is a bit of crackling sound every once in a while. 

I tried other games as well different TV sets but it seems only related to that specific game... 

Could someone confirm? (no issue though, just interest... )

Edited by metoo3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 2:18 AM, Andromeda Stardust said:

Don't firget about havkem and ms hackem... ;-)

Pacman Collection for the 7800 simply reused the same engjne for all mazes with subtle tweaks between pacman and ms pacman modes.

Atari Pacman, Atari Ms Pacman, Hack em, ms hackem, Pacman arcade (ms pacman hack), debro pacman 4k, dintar new pacman 8k, that's seven right there.

Don't forget Nukey Shay's Pac-Man 8k. It's here on Atari Age somewhere. He took the original VCS Pac-Man, added real fruit, intermissions,correct colors, and points on the screen when you eat ghosts. It's pretty awesome.

• 1 month later...

Fix for [Mister FPGA] (Atari 2600 core):

To get Dintar's pac-man to work in 'mister', you need to use this special .rbf file.  Just replace the existing .rbf for Atari 2600.  It has vblank options in the core.  This is an 'unofficial' build (adjusted just today in fact).

If you don't, it will not show video output, just sound.  A new challenge perhaps. :P

Here is the mister forum post discussing it: 

https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=764&p=9916#p9916

It also fixes various other games.  I also tested 'princess rescue', and it also works.

------------------

Edit:  While not 'authentic' I really like using the setting:  'scandoubler fx':  HQ2x

Edit2:  Dintar's pac-man works in 'mist' fpga.

Atari2600_20200824.rbf

Edited by KAZ
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I keep losing the page where the most recent version is.  I'm just attaching it here for convenience.  This one features cornering.

This was posted on page 60 of this thread.

I named it similarly to the "Flashback Portable" post on atariage, in case that helps with compatibility.

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List - AtGames Flashback and Portable Consoles - AtariAge Forums

Pacman26008kv8c.bin

Edited by KAZ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2018 at 1:41 AM, DINTAR816 said:
Hello, here I am again, after 2 months, here is the test version with "cornerig" (finally!), it works fine (I think), I just need to improve it a bit.

DZ-jay, your method is difficult to apply here because it would require a lot of rom (many tables) for example I would need 4 times more rom for the "move delta" table (that is, 256), since my method uses 8 x 8 virtual tiles , thank you anyway for the detailed explanation, since it inspired me to make this possible.

Now it is also possible to increase the speed of the game with the right switch (in the "A" position the speed increases).

Enjoy. :)

pacman2600_8k_v8test_corn.bin 8 kB · 1,388 downloads

Would it be possible to get this on a cartridge?

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 8:57 AM, KAZ said:

I keep losing the page where the most recent version is.  I'm just attaching it here for convenience.  This one features cornering.

This was posted on page 60 of this thread.

I named it similarly to the "Flashback Portable" post on atariage, in case that helps with compatibility.

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List - AtGames Flashback and Portable Consoles - AtariAge Forums

Pacman26008kv8c.bin 8 kB · 28 downloads

Do we have a PAL60 version for the latest bin-File of Pacman 8K ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow... I was floored when I first played the 4K version. This is just mind blowing as ever since the release of Pac-Man for the Atari back in the 80's, I had always just figured the console couldn't manage anything similar to the arcade game. I can't stop playing this and even during breaks from game play, I sit and watch the attract mode. 

I do know there was a cartridge for sale at one point. Not sure which version. Even if it isn't the ROM that is being circulated, I'd like to purchase one as well to support the effort. I haven't been this impressed with an Atari game since the first time I ever played Asteroids in my own home. Only thing missing is my mother telling me to give my little brother a turn. LOL!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...