IGNORED

Big Mario Kart 8 DLC expansions on the way

Atariboy

Or so it appears.

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/animal-crossing-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991122.html

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/the-legend-of-zelda-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Warios Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link

4 Vehicles

8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser

4 Vehicles

8 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

• Like 2

Nintendo's UK store says 7 pounds which works out to be about $12 USD.

So anywhere from $10-$15 seems a safe bet. But since it's not even officially announced yet (Although I don't see how anyone could be a skeptic with product pages up at Nintendo's UK online store for each pack), the details remain to be confirmed for North America.

This is too good to hold off on in the hope a disc release might come about eventually, but hopefully they rerelease Mario Kart 8 down the road with the DLC bundled in. Even if it's just a pack-in bundle like the combined New Super Mario Bros. U disc has been, it would just be nice knowing that option is there down the line to get a hard copy of it if needed.

Edited by Atariboy

An update:

http://kotaku.com/zelda-f-zero-coming-to-mario-kart-8-1627150730?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

UPDATE: We've now got more details from Nintendo. The packs (the first due in November, the second in May 2015, which is an absurdly long time away) will cost $8 each, or you can get them both for $12. Considering the amount of stuff you're getting (six new characters, eight new cars and 16 new courses increase the game's roster by 50%), that's

a pretty good deal.

For 12 bucks I'll get them since your getting quite a bit of stuff. Awesome, cant wait, although the second set isn't till May!

I've pre-ordered. If you pre-order it then you get the different Yoshi and Shy Guy colors immediately to start using now. You can select from 9 colors for each.

The Mercedes Benz DLC is great too. A lot of people have complained about it, but it's free and you don't have to use those karts. It's not obtrusive like advertising in other games, the new karts actually don't look out of place in the game.

The other update is that the on-screen map is back and you can get all your stats like number of races won/lost, drifts, etc. Also number of coins collected which is very useful for getting upgrades.

Well I've noticed a couple other things about the update.

View highlight reel is no longer the default option when finishing a race in a circuit. Next race is the default option.

The game remembers the last kart setup you used. However if playing two players it only remembers player ones setup.. :?

I'm wondering if the new tracks will be useable in online races. Because obviously people who do not have them will not be able to use them.

Edited by Shannon

I'm wondering if the new tracks will be useable in online races. Because obviously people who do not have them will not be able to use them.

Yeah.. I assume that tracks will be restricted to people that bought them, but characters and vehicles will be visible to non-purchasers.