IGNORED

MazezaM for Colecovision

alekmaul

Hello,
I'm new here but hope to share some stuffs I did (and sure, I WILL do) for Colecovision.
Previously, I did some emulators of The Colecovision console and last week, I thought about doing MazezaM for colecovision to test Daniel Bienvenu lib (he tested nds lib previously on dev-fr, the old french DS, GBA, and so on community).
So I port my GBA version to Colecovsion :
Here is the youtube link :

http://youtu.be/Rj7jPJi3r9s?list=UUEP793b8Q6Rlt2fjP2L2vrA

I have now some questions :
Is there a tool to compress graphics with Dan0 compression method or other method than RLE ?
Is there tools for music conversion. My GBA version is a mod file, and I want to port, at least, the MazezaM theme to it.
Hope to release MazezaM soon :), after this one, I will try to port another game : Uwol.

• Like 6

i think msx have sokoban that would be nice on coleco

You obviously haven't read my latest news bulletin, Eric. I'm releasing Boxxle this Christmas! ;)

And welcome to AtariAge, alekmaul. It's always nice to see a new CV programmer enter the fold. :D

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed that my latest news bulletin is already outdated. :P I made some changes to my release lineup very recently, and I will post another news bulletin in a few days.

There already is a Mazezam for ColecoVision, but it's pretty simple, and has only 10-12 levels, I think.

Yeah, I know about that version, but mine is really different and has more levels (same number as the GBA version, more than 20 levels).

It will also have musics (i hope :P).

Is there a tool to compress graphics with Dan0 compression method or other method than RLE ?

I use Pletter compression to finalize the graphics. There isn't specific tool for Pletter. There is pletter decompressor that came with the library in the comp folder. comp.zip This one is has the fixed source code and the comp.lib you can overwrite the current one to use the fix version of Pletter. The current code doesn't decompress properly on the real Colecovision while the fixed version decompress the graphic better on the real Colecovision.

And Mazezam looks terrific. Very nice job!!

pletter, is this available in the c library?. I didn't see any info about it in the documention. how do you encode to it. and how do you expand from it into vram?

I use Pletter compression to finalize the graphics. There isn't specific tool for Pletter. There is pletter decompressor that came with the library in the comp folder. attachicon.gifcomp.zip This one is has the fixed source code and the comp.lib you can overwrite the current one to use the fix version of Pletter. The current code doesn't decompress properly on the real Colecovision while the fixed version decompress the graphic better on the real Colecovision.

Glad to see you here Jean Michel ;)

Thanks JF :)

I use Pletter compression to finalize the graphics. There isn't specific tool for Pletter. There is pletter decompressor that came with the library in the comp folder. attachicon.gifcomp.zip This one is has the fixed source code and the comp.lib you can overwrite the current one to use the fix version of Pletter. The current code doesn't decompress properly on the real Colecovision while the fixed version decompress the graphic better on the real Colecovision.

Really nice, is there a tool to compress with pletter algorithm or do I need to do my own one ?

Hello,

I'm new here but hope to share some stuffs I did (and sure, I WILL do) for Colecovision.

Previously, I did some emulators of The Colecovision console and last week, I thought about doing MazezaM for colecovision to test Daniel Bienvenu lib (he tested nds lib previously on dev-fr, the old french DS, GBA, and so on community).

So I port my GBA version to Colecovsion :

Here is the youtube link :

http://youtu.be/Rj7jPJi3r9s?list=UUEP793b8Q6Rlt2fjP2L2vrA

I have now some questions :

Is there tools for music conversion. My GBA version is a mod file, and I want to port, at least, the MazezaM theme to it.

Hope to release MazezaM soon :), after this one, I will try to port another game : Uwol.

J'ai un code java pour transformer le code RLE de IGVCM en Dan0 si tu veux ...

Thanks JF :)

Really nice, is there a tool to compress with pletter algorithm or do I need to do my own one ?

If you google for it, there are a couple of pletter tools. Plus one with source that you can customize yourself.

But the lastest comp lib version includes ZX7 decompression, which is the best really: look at

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0027996

for some tools for compresssing and so on.

• Like 1

Thanks for the lync, I will check it .

I'm now trying to find a way to convert mod to mid to colecovision format, not so easy :/

My idea would be to open the MOD file with a tracker, take note of the notes and start writing Colecovision notes using the table of frequencies from Bienvenu document :)

http://www.theadamresource.com/manuals/technical/ColecoVision%20Coding%20Guide.pdf

I have been attempting to use pletter compression. I got the decompression part working , kind of. I'm not sure because I havn't really figured out how to properly compress the data first.

What I have done, is taken the graphics data which is in hex C data format from ICVGM303 with , (commas) between each hex # , ("...0x61 , 0x81, 0xFC ....) etc. and no RLE compression

Then striping any header or const statements or even opening & closing brackets {} compressed using a windows pletter compressor

I have then reconverted that pletter compressed file back into Hex data and replaced the original data in the graphics data file.

Then I'm using the pletter routine to load it to vram in replacement of rle2vram

I just get a mess though.

1. do I need to remove the commas between the data?

2. does it need to be convert from Hex to another form before I compress it?

If you google for it, there are a couple of pletter tools. Plus one with source that you can customize yourself.

But the lastest comp lib version includes ZX7 decompression, which is the best really: look at

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0027996

for some tools for compresssing and so on.

Edited by digress

Yeah, I'm not sure how to pletter decompress to a regular array yet ... only to vram. I'll see if I can figure that out. I got a an idea of 1 way to do it that should work. I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows how already using c language only.

Thanks for the tip digress, but try it after finding a way to add music to MazezaM.

• 11 months later...

* UPDATE *
I worked a lot on the game, rewrote lot's of things to be compliant with my last works on RobeeBlaster and the game is now finished :)
Just need to add the music before finding a publisher if someone want to publish it.
Here are some new screenshots :
mazezam_201508_1.pngmazezam_201508_3.pngmazezam_201508_4.pngmazezam_201508_5.pngmazezam_201508_6.pngmazezam_201508_7.png
flyer-copy.png

• Like 11