IGNORED

RGB - a game for the ABBUC Software Contest 2014

pseudografx

Hard, L6 - 716,400.

I'd spent so much time away from the last levels I'd practically forgotten the order of battle and made a bunch of mistakes there.

Another strategy thing for points - it seems you get 600 per second remaining so it becomes a case of just leave some items behind if they take too long to get to.

Plus in some levels you get the luxury of doing it in whatever order you want so it makes sense to get the ones that drop stuff earlier.

• 1 month later...

Discovered a couple of bugs.

If you let off a shot then change colour before it hits an enemy, the shot inherits the new colour. Unsure if it's also the case if you change manually at a station (and it would probably require lightning speed to do so).

Recent game, picked up a colour change pill at the same time as being shot by an enemy. A couple of pixels of the colour change pill remained on the left side, running it over later registered the pill again.

Finished Hard from start to finish in one go at last.

post-7804-0-99388400-1420356402_thumb.png

I can generally do Levels 0-4 in an "optimal" sense where I'm getting near the highest possible score every time.

5 thru 7 is very different though. In general you can lose 20+ seconds per level just waiting around for shoot/avoid opportunities.

On the lower levels you can usually just rush through with little regard of being shot - so long as you do the level in the proper order you almost always get away with it.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 2

Also there's that second last time bonus in Level 5 - in getting it you have to lose energy via the falls, and you only end up gaining 12 seconds or so because you've backtracked.

But the last 3 levels as I said - the best laid plans are often quashed, so easy to get screwed over in a big way through just 1 or 2 seemingly small mistakes.

Also there's that second last time bonus in Level 5 - in getting it you have to lose energy via the falls, and you only end up gaining 12 seconds or so because you've backtracked.

But the last 3 levels as I said - the best laid plans are often quashed, so easy to get screwed over in a big way through just 1 or 2 seemingly small mistakes.

I don't really remember if it applies to the situation you describe, but I do remember that there is a place where you can collect a bonus when falling down several floors, which indeed costs quite a bit of energy. However, if you time your fall so that you land on an enemy, you will lose less energy than by falling.

Level 4, you have that energy where you have to fall - it's shortly after an invincible pill but unsure if the duration is enough.

I usually just cop the full energy loss there - there's a slight net gain. Might have to try dropping onto the enemy to see if the loss is lesser.

To explain this: Touching an enemy costs 1 point of energy on Easy and 2 points on Hard. Falling down 2 whole floors costs 3 points.

The formula for calculating energy loss for falling is like this: falling by less than a whole floor is always harmless. After that each half a floor costs one point of energy.

Edited by pseudografx