IGNORED

Season 12 Round 4 - Recca: Summer Carnival '92 (Famicom)

CGQuarterly

Welcome to round 4 of the 12th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

PLEASE READ THE RULES BELOW

This round ends on Sunday, September 21st.

http://youtu.be/4Kfr-QFudqk

Title: Recca: Summer Carnival '92 (Famicom)
Developer: KID
Publisher: Naxat Soft
Released: July 17, 1992 (JP)

Because this will be the last round of the Summer, we are playing Recca: Summer Carnival '92. From Wikipedia: "As its name implies, Recca was created for a shooting game competition called the "Summer Carnival" by Naxat Soft, which took place on July 17, 1992. The game was known for pushing the Famicom to its limits, having high sprite counts while maintaining fast speeds." I'll warn you guys right now, this game is HARD.

Download ROM here: Clicky This game is also available on the Nintendo Virtual Console on the 3DS.

Rules:

Play "normal game".

As a bonus, I will award an extra 10 points to whoever can get the highest score on the "Score Attack" mode (highest score with a time limit of 2 minutes), and another 10 points to the top scorer in the "Time Attack" mode (quickest time to 1 million points with a limit of 5 mins). There will be no points for second place for either of these bonus competitions.

Scores so far:

Current standings:

1. darthkur 58
2. asponge 37
3. S.BAZ 35
4. DonPedro 34
5. Mangia-Boy 29
6(t). roadrunner 26
6(t). Lid 26
8. Ashkin2002 22
9. Jibbajaba 19
10. LarcenTyler 8
11. jblenkle 2

Edited by Jibbajaba

Cool, was waiting for this. Recca is so crazy I can't even get frustrated with it. I just die a lot and laugh at how absurdly fast and manic it is. I wonder whether anyone is going to score that million in Time Attack, that would be quite a feat.

Normal - 1,263,124

Score Attack - 330,334

post-36127-0-19622500-1409734532_thumb.png

post-36127-0-96739500-1409734547_thumb.png

• Like 1

I AM ONLY HOOMAN

Edit: I fixed my mistake, DonPedro. I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

I didn't mean to offend you Jibbajaba and I'm sorry if you saw this as a personal attack. I was just wondering why S.BAZ had the impression that Score Attack was supposed to be longer than 2 min, noticed that you wrote 5 min in first post and posted a correction. I don't feel good, bad or exhilarated about it, no need for any drama.

I didn't mean to offend you Jibbajaba and I'm sorry if you saw this as a personal attack. I was just wondering why S.BAZ had the impression that Score Attack was supposed to be longer than 2 min, noticed that you wrote 5 min in first post and posted a correction. I don't feel good, bad or exhilarated about it, no need for any drama.

Aw, man. I was just joking around with you. It's a line from Clerks:

Aw, man. I was just joking around with you. It's a line from Clerks

Haha, ok, you got me there. I thought it was a ridiculous overreaction, good to see it was not.

I might still have Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy on vhs somewhere. Haven't watched any of these in years, no wonder I didn't get the reference.

I actually bought Clerks 2 on dvd a while ago - because it was dirt cheap. Not sure I even unfoiled it. I'm afraid I'm gonna be dissapointed again if I ever get to watch it, because all Kevin Smith movies after Chasing Amy (or at least ones I've seen) suck massively.

And to make this post at least somewhat on topic:

Score Attack - 436,986

post-36127-0-52346200-1410971693_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back!

DonPedro goes from fourth to first after sweeping both scoring competitions this round. Nice job!

Will post the next round today/nowish.

Normal
DonPedro 1,490,779 +25
asponge 991,884 +18
S.BAZ 492,970 +15
Jibbajaba 439,856 +12
darthkur 414,005 +10
roadrunner 367,502 +8
Mangia-Boy 139,210 +6
jblenkle 89,723 +4

Score Attack
DonPedro 457,530 +10