IGNORED

TI RS232 card - default options

jstimson

I suspect the answer is no, but is there any way to change the default settings of the TI RS232 card?

The power on settings are pretty low speed, 300 baud. I like to LIST programs out to a terminal program on my pc since it's easier to print/read/debug/etc. However it gets old having to type in LIST "RS232.BA=9600.DA=8" every time.

I haven't taken the clamshell apart yet, are there any hidden dip-switches or simple changes I can make to set a new default? The manual only talks about the softswitches (command line specified values).

The baudrate table in the DSR can be altered to eliminate the lower baudrate settings and additional baudrates can be added. This requires the burning of an EPROM to refect the changes. By doing so, the initial baudrate could be anything you want. The DSR can also be changed to work with overclocked consoles and add a real DELETE function.

• Like 1

The baudrate table in the DSR can be altered to eliminate the lower baudrate settings and additional baudrates can be added. This requires the burning of an EPROM to refect the changes. By doing so, the initial baudrate could be anything you want. The DSR can also be changed to work with overclocked consoles and add a real DELETE function.

Bob...

Are you volunteering to write such a modified DSR? Huh? Huh? :grin:

...lee

It has already been done - several years ago. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to burn TMS2532 EPROMs (pending some further experimentation with my various Eprommers). Did you just volunteer to beta DSR versions should I get one of my eprommers to work?

Sure! Why not? I'll have to verify that I actually have the TI card, however. I'm thinking I may only have CorComp cards. I'll let you know in a bit.

...lee

It has already been done - several years ago. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to burn TMS2532 EPROMs (pending some further experimentation with my various Eprommers). Did you just volunteer to beta DSR versions should I get one of my eprommers to work?

Sorry, Bob. All I have are CorComp RS232 cards. Oh, well... :sad:

...lee