IGNORED

Teens React To NES... Very Funny...

I’ve seen a few of these “kids react to” videos, and usually, it seems like the kids are majorly hamming up their ignorance for the benefit of the camera. Which I realize is the whole point, so I’m not offended by it or anything, but I’m also not finding it funny.

This one on the NES actually wasn’t too bad, though. It was nice to see a few of those kids recognizing positive traits in the game despite the absence of particle physics and 1080p displays. It was also nice to see them get their asses kicked by a game from an era where not just anybody could win. They should put those kids in front of Robotron or Super Zaxxon arcade cabinets, so we can watch them get their asses wiped in 5 seconds flat. :D

I could have done without seeing Arya Stark acting like a ditzy teen, but that’s the age she is, I guess.

Edited by Cynicaster
  • Like 1

I’ve seen a few of these “kids react to” videos, and usually, it seems like the kids are majorly hamming up their ignorance for the benefit of the camera. Which I realize is the whole point, so I’m not offended by it or anything, but I’m also not finding it funny.

Yep. Pretty much boils down to "Kids! On YouTube!"

Like AVGN, it was funny the first time.

• Like 1

As I mentioned on KLOV so pardon my repetition ....

And so the NES generation joins us Atari geezers in the Console Old Folks Home.

Now you know how I felt in the late 1980's when you darn whipper snappers bashed my beloved 2600's "crummy graphics" and "simplistic games" back then.

But don't feel sad, come on in, sit yourself down. If we're good Nurse gives us extra Jello for lunch!
  • Like 1