IGNORED

my 1700+ game basement

Dashopepper

Here are some pictures of my game collection. A little bit of everything explained by virtually everything coming from Craigslist, Thrift Stores and Flea Markets.

IMG 0205

I keep a fairly rigorous account of my video game transactions on a massive Excel spread sheet. Here are some of my counts.

3do-47, Game Gear-97, Dreamcast-18, tg16-18,sms-118,Sega Genesis-122,gc- 57, nes-263, snes-95, n64-60,Neo Geo-7, Saturn- 9,atari xe- 32,Odyssey2-48, Bally Astrocade-19, Arcadia- 9, 5200 -26, Atari 2600- 300, Atari 7800- 75, intellivision-110,colicovision-108,gba/c- 40,Ps1- 15

Video game Shelf

I love this display case, lots of storage and lots of consoles.

36'' CRT

IMG 0188

Super wiring nightmare!

IMG 0189

Basement

IMG 0184

Game Gear

IMG 0191

I like when people ask me if I've played all these....

IMG 0192

IMG 0193

IMG 0194

IMG 0195

IMG 0190

Built this when I very first decided I was going to collect ~3 years ago. Has all my good stuff of the time.

IMG 0207

IMG 0208

Video Gems

My Rarest Games, Bottem 3 are Sealed

IMG 0206

Newest project, recently Region Modded

IMG 0197

And for the rest of the basement...

IMG 0201

IMG 0202

IMG 0198

Boxed SNES and Misc.

IMG 0196

These pictures remind me of how much cleaning/selling I have to do.

Misc.

• Like 13

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
After taking a look at my photos I realized I could present it a little better. It's always going to be an unfinished basement but I made some improvements. So with a large poster frame, a fake brick wall, and spray painting one of my junk shelves I came up with this (also helped that I picked up a giant statue recently).

IMG 0405

IMG 0395

IMG 0381

IMG 0350

• 1 month later...

Very Nice. I wouldn't have the games and TV next to the water heater.

Why's that? No one's ever mentioned it being a hazard. And I'm sure my Father-in-law who has serviced it wouldn't miss the opportunity to lecture me :)

I did have a water valve go out on the opposite end of the basement 2 months ago when the weather turned cold. Got my Commodore 64 and games, a dozen boxed Genesis games and some PS2 games including Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

Why's that? No one's ever mentioned it being a hazard. And I'm sure my Father-in-law who has serviced it wouldn't miss the opportunity to lecture me :)

I did have a water valve go out on the opposite end of the basement 2 months ago when the weather turned cold. Got my Commodore 64 and games, a dozen boxed Genesis games and some PS2 games including Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

My parents own rental properties and we've had many water heaters go bad and leak all over because the bottom had rusted out. Best to keep everything off the floor or stored in plastic boxes.

Edited by WildBillTX

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh! Console boxes for the Atari 2600, Intellivision, and ColecoVision. :) ;-) ;-)

And yep, I echo the water-avoidance posts. If there's any chance of flooding where you live, I'd consider moving the more rare stuff at least a foot or two above the floor. Not only did it flood in my city recently, I also experienced the fun of a leaking water heater. Thankfully I'm not on the floodplane and the water heater is far away from the retro gear.

• 2 months later...

*New Addition*

908e40ae-ebbe-4f5e-bb3d-dbe6c070d7bc.jpg

This Space Invaders cabinet has been up in the family barn for 25 years and was in pretty bad shape. After a long time thinking about it I finally decided to go ahead with a MAME conversion. I kept the cabinets mirror, moon and background intact. It really is a striking image and optical illusion that pictures do not do justice to (The moon is a plastic half circle and behind the glass, florescent light behind that and the cardboard sky behind that). There is a switch in the coin door for turning the moon background on and off.

I definitely have more I would like to do/re-do latter on but it's working out great for now with Bubble Bobble being played most often. I might make make a post in the Arcade section latter on if anyone is interested explaining setting up the LCD, Running MAME and GameEx Front-End mirrored, making a working Multi Cabinet with no Mouse/Keyboard, setting up IPac for controls. It was definitely a lot to figure out. Best thing is since most of it was completed from used parts I have less then $100 into it.

IMG_1632.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My Astrocade collection. Recently found a second working unit (left) at a flea market that came with Muncher and Sea Devil. Also pictured are my 2 prototypes, Bally Pin and Space Invaders.

:thumbsup:

Such clean labels on those carts! What's a Sea Devil cart go for nowadays? I've got a multicart, but I also like "real" cartridges too.