IGNORED

The No Swear Gamer on Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last update, my Atari related reviews include Asteroids - 7800, Centipede on both the 2600 & 7800, Box Art Battles for both Centipede & Asteroids, Fast Food - 2600, A Food Fight Easter Egg, Winter Games - 7800, Another Retro Junk Box & Brain Games - 2600 (Whew)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No Swear Gamer, I've enjoyed your videos a lot, and have watched just about all of them (I've skipped the podcasts). You manage to be family-friendly without being humorless or smarmy, and your latest reviews especially are nicely focused and concise. While I look forward most to your coverage of games that haven't been done to death, you do a good job with more well-known games too and generally keep them fresh and interesting.

My only criticisms would be:

- I'm not really into the toy, loot crate, and other non-gaming videos, and I wish those were under a separate numbering system. (When I watch a reviewer's work, I tend to watch all of his/her videos or none of them.)

- In several of your videos, especially Atari ones, the game sound is mixed too loud and makes it hard to understand your speech. It's worse when watching at 1.5x or 2x (which I often do with gaming review videos, and I suspect I'm not alone in that). The recent Smurfs video is particularly rough in that department.

- Finally, I hesitate to say this, but I've never liked your intro. :( Actually, the part I don't like is the "STAHT GAME NOW" audio -- the rest (including the music) is fine. Maybe it's referencing a game I don't know, but it's always rubbed me the wrong way.

Other than these silly quibbles I enjoy your content a lot, so keep on keepin' on!

• Like 1

My only criticisms would be:

- I'm not really into the toy, loot crate, and other non-gaming videos, and I wish those were under a separate numbering system. (When I watch a reviewer's work, I tend to watch all of his/her videos or none of them.)

------ Good Point. I may just leave the non gaming stuff unnumbered in the future. I already do that for the podcast and some other stuff. Makes sense.

- In several of your videos, especially Atari ones, the game sound is mixed too loud and makes it hard to understand your speech. It's worse when watching at 1.5x or 2x (which I often do with gaming review videos, and I suspect I'm not alone in that). The recent Smurfs video is particularly rough in that department.

------ I try to be sensitive to that, but 2600 game have been tough, and Smurf came out worse than I thought it was when I listened again. Maybe it was my headphones or speakers I was using when editing. I'm actually going to rerelease it with better audio levels since I still have the editing file.

- Finally, I hesitate to say this, but I've never liked your intro. :( Actually, the part I don't like is the "STAHT GAME NOW" audio -- the rest (including the music) is fine. Maybe it's referencing a game I don't know, but it's always rubbed me the wrong way.

------ That's funny! Sorry you don't like it. Maybe after I hit 200 episodes, I will rework the intro and retire the intro voice

Other than these silly quibbles I enjoy your content a lot, so keep on keepin' on!

Thanks! I will try to keep on the audio levels. Hopefully future episodes will reflect that.