IGNORED

AtariProtos.Com Update

Tempest

Damn, that's better than I expected!

I agree! They were really pushing the 2600's limits right before the crash and Xevious is fun with lots of death from above moving objects.

I like how they did not use a player for your ship but a flickered ball or missile. That leaves all the other objects to use and reuse without flicker. Plus you are not really focused on your ship as much as you are focused on the enemies coming down.

It shocks me how any fun, nearly complete prototypes were not released as the Atari Jr. continued to sell into the 90s.

Xevious and Sinistar are still fun and would have sold in the late 80s.

Thanks for the release gentlemen!

Anybody worked out all the game variations yet? It seems like the ground enemies move a bit slower in game 5, though that was the only thing I noticed in the few minutes of playing that I could fit in last night. Also, the left difficulty switch controls the scrolling speed.

Anybody worked out all the game variations yet? It seems like the ground enemies move a bit slower in game 5, though that was the only thing I noticed in the few minutes of playing that I could fit in last night. Also, the left difficulty switch controls the scrolling speed.

Thomas might be able to answer that question. He's already poked around in the code to fix the bugs. Game variations are tough to decipher.

• 6 months later...