IGNORED

sio2pc USB by Lotharek

lotharek

Soon available at my shop.

i can only promise, price will be very resonable, pcb wll be white (green are prototypes / hand soldering)

i still have some doubts about USB connection :

- USB B (present) - very reliable, covers whole plug cable hole

- micro USB - most popular, but there will small hole left in plug..

Your opinion, please ??

zdj%EAcie%201.JPG

zdj%EAcie%202.JPG

zdj%EAcie%203.JPG

Edited by lotharek
  • Like 2

In my opinion, different shapes of USB is just a matter of taste. But, since the normal USB jack covers the whole plug cable hole, it will have a slight advantage.

Let me ask some questions to clear it up for me:

Design is important but specifications are crucial for people like me (noobs). Is is it based on FT232R or F3231SX or another micro-controller? New design ?

What about transfer speed ?

What about the type of drivers. Is there an accompanied software ?

Is is it a dual function (10502PC/ISO2PC) or just SIO2PC plug-in device ?

What makes it different/unique to other SIO2PC devices that are currently available (not to forget the low coast FT232R based break boards).

madi

Hello guys

Problem with those USB connectors is, that there are way to many different shapes and sizes. I'm not sure if they differ in how easy it is for the USB connector to fall out, but if there is, please consider taking the one that has the most grip.

Sincerely

Mathy (who already has a SIO2PC via USB)

I like the full size USB B connector. Mini-USB is cute and all but unless it's the newer cell-phone style mini-USB connector it's probably not worth it.

Most people have a printer cable or a "newer" mini-USB cable for their phone. Not many have the older mini-USB cables around. I would imagine the big USB B connector would stand up to abuse better and is easier to clean if contacts get corroded years later.

• Like 1

Very nice! I am glad to see this SIO2PC-in-a-plug made by a true professional, with a history of creating much-more complex devices, than this!

I, too, am curious as to what software this will work with. The guy currently "supervising" someone's earlier work with Aspeqt has managed to remove support for Steve Tucker (Atarimax)'s features (specifically, APETIME), so that of course begs the question that of whether or not he'll sabotage future versions of Aspeqt to un-support competing devices. Once can only note that at the current time, the allegedly open-source (and thusly allegedly unbiased) Aspeqt only "recommends" ONE device, that sold by Ray Ataergin.......WHEN IT SHOULD recommend **ALL** such devices. Considering the source, no big surprise, however.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff357/gbasp/Misc/AspeqtRecommededHardware_zps9b0ec726.jpg~original

One would have thought that - the in the true nature of open source - that "recommended" hardware would be ANY/ALL SIO2PC devices, rather than that which one sells. One's expectations would be too high in that regard, evidently. Perhaps someone can link to the last version of Aspeqt that cyco130 (the REAL creator of Aspeqt) supported, in the hopes that it will be truly "open." It would be great to see the distribution "fork" into the true, continuing Aspeqt and away from the current botch.

Meanwhile, Lotharek's version looks very good! The large connector is durable.

• Like 5

I prefer "full USB size"... from pics I see that it is like the one I plug into my printer? So I can not plug in the device into my notebook straight away?

anyway... please put me on the preorder list.

I guess it does anyway make no sense to plug directly into my PC/Notebook as the SIO device like a 1050 needs to be there, too... ;)

Edited by Heaven/TQA

Very nice! I am glad to see this SIO2PC-in-a-plug made by a true professional, with a history of creating much-more complex devices, than this!

I, too, am curious as to what software this will work with. The guy currently "supervising" someone's earlier work with Aspeqt has managed to remove support for Steve Tucker (Atarimax)'s features (specifically, APETIME), so that of course begs the question that of whether or not he'll sabotage future versions of Aspeqt to un-support competing devices. Once can only note that at the current time, the allegedly open-source (and thusly allegedly unbiased) Aspeqt only "recommends" ONE device, that sold by Ray Ataergin.......WHEN IT SHOULD recommend **ALL** such devices. Considering the source, no big surprise, however.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff357/gbasp/Misc/AspeqtRecommededHardware_zps9b0ec726.jpg~original

One would have thought that - the in the true nature of open source - that "recommended" hardware would be ANY/ALL SIO2PC devices, rather than that which one sells. One's expectations would be too high in that regard, evidently. Perhaps someone can link to the last version of Aspeqt that cyco130 (the REAL creator of Aspeqt) supported, in the hopes that it will be truly "open." It would be great to see the distribution "fork" into the true, continuing Aspeqt and away from the current botch.

Meanwhile, Lotharek's version looks very good! The large connector is durable.

i am currently having too much fun to take this kind of crap seriously, quite frankly you should get out more and take some fresh air..

• Like 2

Soon available at my shop.

i can only promise, price will be very resonable, pcb wll be white (green are prototypes / hand soldering)

i still have some doubts about USB connection :

- USB B (present) - very reliable, covers whole plug cable hole

- micro USB - most popular, but there will small hole left in plug..

Your opinion, please ??

zdj%EAcie%201.JPG

zdj%EAcie%202.JPG

zdj%EAcie%203.JPG

As the Jawa said ... "Ooh! Teeny!"

I like them a lot. My instinct is to say USB B as the connectors themselves are more sturdy. However, how are the micro USB mounted? The issue I can see with the current design is potential damage to the motherboard where the connector ... er ... connects to. Especially if, like me, you have a baby/toddler and clumsy kids in the house. In our house I can see it getting wrecked before long.

I'm assuming that the micro USB doesn't stick out like that, which would probably make it a better bet.