IGNORED

Draker Quest- Complete

frankodragon

Hi FD

look at the photo,i posted....then you see what i mean

greetings Walter

I'm thinking the first cave you enter but it's different from when I test. Could you bump into that bed and the other character? You should see some text appear. What does that text say? It's so I can find the code where I can separate the bed and the other character.

Updates: Changed the 'points' to six digits. Originally had three digits but certain things didn't work when trading points for items. I believe there still are issues with that. There was also an issue of one of the gates not appearing in the first overworld map-hopefully that's been fixed.

EDIT: I was not correctly using the dim values.

EDIT again: Take three:

test_beta2.bas.bin

test_beta2.bas.a78

I'm thinking the first cave you enter but it's different from when I test. Could you bump into that bed and the other character? You should see some text appear. What does that text say? It's so I can find the code where I can separate the bed and the other character.

Hi Franco

yes,it is the first dungeon.I can run into the guy.Text says Doon please help us

Hitpoints are not uploaded.

And i see the guy in every room of this dungeon.

There is a second guy,who appears only in one room.He says Beware of the red bugs

Hope this information helps

greetings Walter

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi Franco

This is a photo of the bigger dungeon.Look

at the weird graphic and some enemies

do not appear.

greetings Walter

Try re-downloading the files above. I've renumbered the dim values as I skipped bytes and incorrectly numbered certain dim values in the previous files.

Hi Franco

checked out the latest version.Works great now

:)

But i found a dungeon,which i cannot reach.....

But i do not know,if i can get there otherwise.

greetings Walter

keep up the great work

I know there's some adjustments I need to make with the dungeons, etc but glad to hear it works.

One thing that puzzles me are the data maps. Do the map numbers change after gosubbing to another map? For instance lets say the player leaves room 14 on one map, and starts on a different map. Does that mean the room the player starts on is the same map number (room 14) or does change to room 0 or 1?

One thing that puzzles me are the data maps. Do the map numbers change after gosubbing to another map? For instance lets say the player leaves room 14 on one map, and starts on a different map. Does that mean the room the player starts on is the same map number (room 14) or does change to room 0 or 1?

The map to room mapping is part of the zelda demo code, so it's more a question about that than 7800basic. I think in a nutshell you're asking if you restart the player after a death, will it change back to room 14? If so, the answer is, not on it's own. You'll need to update the player's room and call the appropriate room_draw routine.

The map data gets copied to ram, and displayed from there. So it will retain the last thing copied.

Hi Franco

played around with the newest version...The map should be checked,cause sometimes i got stuck.

And when i enter a 2nd bigger dungeon,i mean the dungeon with the pikes,i cannot find an exit.

greetings Walter

I'm in the process of changing the dungeon maps around and making sure the exits are there.

• 4 weeks later...