IGNORED

Draker Quest- Complete

frankodragon

Hi Franco

found some time for a fast check....I was not able to play for a longer time,cause i start without hitpoints.The first touch kills me :(

And the map looks now totally changed????Map 1 is not the same as it was :(

Remember that i play on real hardware.Seemed that some dungeons changed their position?I found one dungeon.......Someone is on the top floor.....but there is nothing in this dungeon....

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172

Hi Franco

found some time for a fast check....I was not able to play for a longer time,cause i start without hitpoints.The first touch kills me :(

And the map looks now totally changed????Map 1 is not the same as it was :(

Remember that i play on real hardware.Seemed that some dungeons changed their position?I found one dungeon.......Someone is on the top floor.....but there is nothing in this dungeon....

greetings Walter

Oops..my bad. I forgot to rem out the debugging code. It should be fixed so you'll start in the first overworld map, not the second. Updated the file here

Hi Franco

works now :)

Is there any story for the game....is there a goal?

What use have rings,cups and other items?

greetings Walter

Items can be traded in for points to buy fruit to heal HP. Also is a heart icon which increases your HP from 100 to 200; I still have to work on the coding for that. There is also a store that sells a master key which will open ALL the gates and doors but it's very expensive.

There will be a goal/ending after getting all the maps in working order--thinking of adding some bosses at the very end of the game rather in dungeons.

That game is HUGE! Thanks for doing.

Curious - is the artwork in the game final or is it placeholder art while the engine gets tuned?

Artwork is final. I'll have to fine tune other maps...yes more maps! I'll also have to add sounds but so far it just sounds like static due to my coding. And speaking of maps:

post-18158-0-63066100-1429848173_thumb.jpg

post-18158-0-83796400-1429848174_thumb.jpg

Plus some tower maps and an overworld three map not shown here.

• Like 1

I mentioned a heart to increase your player's HP from 100 to 200, but so far it's screwing up the counter so I've been making "warp zones" to go back or forward through other worlds. Some of them are blocked by gates that only can be unlocked if you have the Master Key. Hopefully that will work granting full access to all areas. Also thanks to RevEng for getting some sound effects to work. I should have another build soon.

I have to change the maps again due to a weird glitch.

post-18158-0-79604800-1430217492_thumb.jpg

post-18158-0-88486200-1430217728_thumb.jpg

In the top middle portion of each map (red square) if the player moves west, then turns south, the player gets "stuck" even though I've made sure the screenmaps are correct for that area. But for some odd reason, the screenmap # is ignored and replaced by another screenmap.

The only way I can think of is to change the maps so the player cannot turn south. So far it works west<-->east without glitching in the first overworld map.

Hi Franco

works great now.....How can i open the door,Which leads to the tower?

Where is the key?The map is damn big.

No bugs found in this version...great work.

How many maps are in this version?

How about a Boss at the end of each map?

Just a suggestion.

Greetings Walter

Hi Franco

works great now.....How can i open the door,Which leads to the tower?

Where is the key?The map is damn big.

No bugs found in this version...great work.

How many maps are in this version?

How about a Boss at the end of each map?

Just a suggestion.

Greetings Walter

In the second overworld, there are three dungeons. One should be just as you enter the second overworld. The other two are north of that dungeon circled in red after you open the gate.

post-18158-0-87682900-1430651648_thumb.jpg

For maps, there are overworlds one, two and three maps, the dungeon maps, tower maps, a dark world, a cool world, and water world. Also there are cave maps where other drakers will give you advice.

Here's a hint: the dark world and cool worlds won't have any dungeons; you just need to find the key to open the gates inside the tower floors.

As for bosses, I want to keep the game as un-Zelda-like as possible but I'd like to put a few bosses near the end of the game.