IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback All-In-One Game Manual

mthompson

I thought it might be convent to have all of the game manuals for titles that are on the Flashback in a single document, so I made one. For "unreleased" games (Brickout, Blow Out, etc.) I created some simple manuals from the information that's available. A table of contents lists all 60 games, with the names hyperlinked so you can just click on a game and go straight to its manual without having to hunt for it.

post-39531-0-92804700-1411845362_thumb.jpg

If Intellivisiongames.com sticks with text-only game instructions, at least this manual will give people an easy way to access the full illustrated manuals and get the most out of the games and their shiny new console.

At 744 pages and almost 90 MB, the file is big, so I've uploaded it elsewhere. Here's a link to the file: http://tinyurl.com/qhqd7r6

Hopefully some people find it helpful.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

I thought it might be convent to have all of the game manuals for titles that are on the Flashback in a single document, so I made one. For "unreleased" games (Brickout, Blow Out, etc.) I created some simple manuals from the information that's available. A table of contents lists all 60 games, with the names hyperlinked so you can just click on a game and go straight to its manual without having to hunt for it.

attachicon.gifIntv-Flashback-TOC.jpg

If Intellivisiongames.com sticks with text-only game instructions, at least this manual will give people an easy way to access the full illustrated manuals and get the most out of the games and their shiny new console.

At 744 pages and almost 90 MB, the file is big, so I've uploaded it elsewhere. Here's a link to the file: http://tinyurl.com/qhqd7r6

Hopefully some people find it helpful.

Thank you for doing this and caring enough to do it!

Now someone needs to create a set of "orphaned overlays 2" for the flashback - fill in the overlays that weren't recreated.

It's interesting that, as a substitute for instructions, they went to the trouble of creating new overlay designs just for the Flashback manual. Did anyone else notice the Brickout overlay? Reminds me of an overlay I made for Joe Z's Pong game just for kicks :-D

post-39531-0-11837700-1412173751_thumb.png

But that's OK with me. I'm a firm believer that Intellivision games aren't complete without overlays :)

• Like 1

This is really nice. The original manual format is much more readable than the text versions I've seen. I tried to compress it so I could email it to my Kindle, but no go ... I'll find another way, though!

Using Acrobat Pro and "Optimized PDF," which results in minimal quality loss, I have it at 46.6 MB. That's good enough to fit into Evernote, but probably not for an eInk device. I wasn't able to compress it with NxPowerLite.

I was a little surprised at the choices for which overlays were made. For instance, some games that really benefit from overlays (e.g. Sea Battle) didn't get them, while at least one game with no overlay got a remade one (Buzz Bombers).

This is why I've been holding out for the Sam's Club version and their extra overlays. I'm hoping they will have a good amount. I'll check my local store tomorrow to see if I can find one, and if I do I'll post what overlays came with it.

• Like 1

This is why I've been holding out for the Sam's Club version and their extra overlays. I'm hoping they will have a good amount. I'll check my local store tomorrow to see if I can find one, and if I do I'll post what overlays came with it.

I'm interested to see what that one has. I scouted out the local Dollar General here in Bethel Park tonight and they didn't have any of the flashback units yet.

I was a little surprised at the choices for which overlays were made. For instance, some games that really benefit from overlays (e.g. Sea Battle) didn't get them, while at least one game with no overlay got a remade one (Buzz Bombers).

Yeah, the Buzz Bombers threw me for a loop, too.

It's interesting that, as a substitute for instructions, they went to the trouble of creating new overlay designs just for the Flashback manual. Did anyone else notice the Brickout overlay? Reminds me of an overlay I made for Joe Z's Pong game just for kicks :-D

attachicon.gifPong.png

But that's OK with me. I'm a firm believer that Intellivision games aren't complete without overlays :)

Go to the Intellivision lives website and it has a coming soon post about complete set of overlays and printable instructions.

And thank you for the link to great intellivision shirts!

Looks like I forgot about Deep Pockets when I was creating manuals for the "unreleased" games that are on the Flashback. Sorry about that. I've gone ahead and created a nice PDF manual for the game and am posting it here in case anyone needs or wants it. My instructions differ from those online, which assume you're using a keyboard and numeric keypad, and instead correctly reference the controller.

Deep Pockets Pool.pdf

Also, I'm pleased as punch to say that I offered my PDFs for the six unreleased games to Keith, and he posted them today at intellivisiongames.com along with individual PDFs of the Mattel manuals. Woo hoo!

• Like 3

Yeah, I really hope Intellivision Productions goes through with making the supplemental overlays to complete the 60/61. A full set makes for a better overall Flashback experience :)

At least they already made the baseball overlays... :ponder: Now if they make the right ones...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the hard work. I hate to ask but if its not too much trouble could you add mlb baseball for the 61 game version?

It was a bit of work, but... Done! It also has a new hyperlinked table of contents page. Same link for the file as before: http://tinyurl.com/qhqd7r6. Hope it's what you'd hoped for.

Edited by mthompson
  • Like 1