IGNORED

favorite attract modes?/question about one

Witchfynde

I'll get to the question part first...

Back in the late 70s/maybe early 80s, I heard of a funny foiled robbery story on the news, where some thug had run into a 7-11, produced a gun, and demanded the clerk hand over the money. Then a pinball machine in the store intoned "I WANT YOU TO PLAY ME", which confused the robber, as he looked around, didn't see anyway else in the place, cursed and ran out (ha ha!).

My question is, does anyone know what game that is?

Anyway, onto my favorite attract modes: Berzerk, with it's "coin detected in pocket!" (ha ha), the mumbling from Gorf, and one of the fighting games where a woman talks in a yummy voice (don't know the name of it, it's in some theatre lobby that I go to, but on the down side, the bitch distracts me when I'm trying to concentrate on Tetris!!).

Just add your own, and why (pinball games are fine too)...

That was from 8Ball Deluxe. I used to work in an arcade many many moons ago and we had that. One night I got called to open the doors for the police because someone or something tripped the building alarm. Usually the games were all turned off but for some reason the bank that that game was on wasn't. Anyway, they were looking around and one of them happened to walk by it right at the time the attract mode kicked in. The game did it's usual "Stop talkin and start chalkin" and scared the guy so much he jumped around a drew his gun on it. :lol: That memory cracks me up to this day. Ahh, the memories.

That was from 8Ball Deluxe. I used to work in an arcade many many moons ago and we had that. One night I got called to open the doors for the police because someone or something tripped the building alarm. Usually the games were all turned off but for some reason the bank that that game was on wasn't. Anyway, they were looking around and one of them happened to walk by it right at the time the attract mode kicked in. The game did it's usual "Stop talkin and start chalkin" and scared the guy so much he jumped around a drew his gun on it.  :lol:  That memory cracks me up to this day. Ahh, the memories.

Heh, that IS funny! Good thing he didn't shoot :o

Yeah, one of my masseuses (sp?) used to work at a Dave and Busters, and she (yeah, a SHE! She's pretty cool...) told of how, whenever they got a new game in, the workers would either come in early to check 'em out or stay afterwards when their shift was over. She told me about how one guy stayed for several hours afterwards checking out some Mech-type game; she tried it once and didn't get what the big deal was. "It's a guy thing" I told her. Yep, a couple of giant robots duking and shooting it out, it's a guy thing, er er er AR AR! (insert Tool Time grunt here :) )

Well, it might have been Gorgar (which was the first pinball/arcade game to use speech).  

What, you mean in regards to my question? Hmm, that'd be cool, after all these years, I might have my answer :) I'll have to hunt around for it on the net, see what I can come up with.