IGNORED

Tv out under the Christmas tree 2014

rygar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have already own prototypes since over 1 year. The protos running stable and you have no flickering. I have tested a lot of games and there were no problems. It is 100% compatible. With these PCBs you are able to get the ATARI LYNX-II connected to VGA! It is also a replacement for an old or defective LCD. The replacement is a 3.5" TFT and the result is much much better than the original! Very high contrast and perfect colours! It is very easy to install in your own ATARI LYNX-II. You just have to connect 2 cables for power, 9 cables for LCD, 1 cable for VGA switch. If you want to connect to VGA, you only have to connect further 4 cables. At present it is only available for the LYNX-II. With the backlight-button you can switch between onboard-LCD or VGA. The new LCD saves a lot of power.
I attached some pictures. If some people of you are interested to buy the full assembled PCB, please let me know via PM. The price is 95,00 EUR for the assembled PCB, VGA-Connector with screws and installation guide plus shipping.
These days I will start an auction on ebay: ATARI LYNX-II with power supply and LCD replacement and VGA.post-38984-0-13662300-1417559342_thumb.jpgpost-38984-0-60687200-1417559374_thumb.jpgpost-38984-0-96423400-1417559388_thumb.jpgpost-38984-0-64167600-1417559412_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi All,

I have already own prototypes since over 1 year. The protos running stable and you have no flickering. I have tested a lot of games and there were no problems. It is 100% compatible. With these PCBs you are able to get the ATARI LYNX-II connected to VGA! It is also a replacement for an old or defective LCD. The replacement is a 3.5" TFT and the result is much much better than the original! Very high contrast and perfect colours! It is very easy to install in your own ATARI LYNX-II. You just have to connect 2 cables for power, 9 cables for LCD, 1 cable for VGA switch. If you want to connect to VGA, you only have to connect further 4 cables. At present it is only available for the LYNX-II. With the backlight-button you can switch between onboard-LCD or VGA. The new LCD saves a lot of power.

I attached some pictures. If some people of you are interested to buy the full assembled PCB, please let me know via PM. The price is 95,00 EUR for the assembled PCB, VGA-Connector with screws and installation guide plus shipping.

These days I will start an auction on ebay: ATARI LYNX-II with power supply and LCD replacement and VGA.attachicon.gifFull_Size_VGA.JPGattachicon.gifVGA_Cable.JPGattachicon.gifPCB_LCD.JPGattachicon.gifPCB_Upper.JPG

I would be very sceptical, since user McWill has no known history except for those 2 post on the same topic. Who guarantees that we will receive what we paid for, and that the quality lives up to what is promised.

No video and no other evidence, be it from other forums or reference from users is a minus as well.

I´d rather wait for one of the two already established solutions unless we hear more on the subject.

• Like 1

Looks really good, thanks for the video.

I'm guessing from the removed parts that the new LCD brightness is fixed or can that be altered some other way?

That's right. It is not necessary to adjust the brightness, because it has already the right contrast and brightness. The high voltage is not need!

Wow that is nice! Thanks for the video. Now if I can only locate someone in the U.S. to install is for me lol.

Edit: I don't suppose you would sell units with this upgrade already installed? I know I would be more than happy to pay extra to know that it was installed and working correctly.

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing news, I will definitely buy one when I see that it finally materialises. My only issue is with the brightness thing, McWill you said it has the right brightness already. But I still think it would be nice if you could adjust it somehow, let's say you are in a bright room / outside, you would need higher brightness than let's say playing in your bed at night in a dark room. As far as I know every device with backlit screens have an option to change the brightness. Of course I have no idea how difficult it would be to do it, maybe it would add too much plus to the cost of the unit (and much more development time from your part) ? Either way I am already extremely happy that it looks like this project will really happen, this is the only thing that has really been missing for my Lynx, a proper screen, I will use it on a daily base when finally I will be able to properly see what's going on.

I think that was a reference to furrtek's mod. I agree with GadgetUK. We need to distinguish between these three mods because there's some serious cross-pollination going on here. Perhaps a renaming of the threads and a new thread for McWill's mod?

Edited by Emehr