IGNORED

Lines in menu

weststigers89

With each line refresh signal, the Harmony cart will output only on odd or even scanlines.

Its a bit more complex, but I think you explanation is still right.

Characters are displayed interleaved. E.g. for character 1,3,5... even lines are displayed in even frames and odd lines in odd frames. For character 2,4,6 even lines are displayed in odd frames and odd lines in even frames. This avoids local flicker spots.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few years ago when I was learning to write display kernels, I did a Flickerblinds vs ColumnFlicker test.

decided Flickerblinds looked better on CRT's and ColumnFlicker looked better on LCD's

I've attached the ROM (DPC+), use the BW/COLOR switch to toggle between FB and CF

FBvsCF.bin

Edited by ScumSoft

Since my 20 years old 27" Sony Triniton CRT died last night :( :( :(, I will be buying a new LCD today. I hope I can make my 2600 work with that one and then test your code and experiment with the TV settings.

Does it have RF, composite, or SCART, for you Europeans???

RF, SCART (1x) and Components (YPbrPr)

My 4 switch DV is currently modded for cheap composite. If I find someone with soldering skills around, I would like remod it to something better. Not sure which way to go there...

RF, SCART (1x) and Components (YPbrPr)

My 4 switch DV is currently modded for cheap composite. If I find someone with soldering skills around, I would like remod it to something better. Not sure which way to go there...

S-Video mod to RBG converter, or cut the middle man and go strait to HDMI.

OK, so I need someone who can mod it to S-Video (PAL).

Why would I need a converter? Wouldn't a scanline doubler do too? I see a lot of cheap converters on eBay, but they all start at 480p and AFAIK the 2600 produces 240p.

BTW: I plugged my composite mod cable into one of the YPbrPr inputs and got a B/W picture (detected as 480i). Venetian Blinds looked horrible though.