IGNORED

TI-99 Emulator on Android

Ksarul

As much as I like having an Android kernel on my TouchPad, I am looking into a cheap ($45) Android tablet running 4.1 just for emulators. In particular it makes it easy to transport and have my emulators without having to use my laptop when I am going around. But also with the availability of device-to-TV it means I can put up what I am doing on the big screen. As well, it is easy to move data back and forth between laptop, desktop, and tablet via network or SD card.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes- It worked great until I updated my phone. I've emailed the author (and I'm sure a lot of other people have), but no response. He has the the source code available on github at:

https://github.com/elorimer/droid99

I've been meaning to ask for a while, but is anyone here able to update it? I'd be happy to host it...or, would be able to just do it at Google Play? I'm not sure what the process is for that.

-Rich

Edited by 99er

There is no license statement with the source, so even though it is all there for all to see, in the US, the we are not granted any right to copy it.

The github folks were at OSCON about 3 years ago, making a big push regarding that. If you've got open source, you need to grant license as well.

I added an issue on github. Hopefully the author will actually open this up for collaboration.

-M@

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If pcoderdude is real, I hope I didn't offend.

If any lurkers ( not a bad thing ) want to meet up in real life for conversation and coffee, start by joining the online conversation, add some photos to the pinned thread for system photos, share a bit about yourself. Try the high score competition. You just have to make yourself known through a little participation. :)

There are several of us in the Portland Oregon area, and some of us even get together for lunch occasionally.

There are many right ways to start a conversation, if one doesn't work, try another.

-M@

• Like 1

Hey there again,...

Understandable...but, I am real, and, NOT a "lurker"...just don't frequent this website very much...

ALSO...

To "Omega"...this ISN"T my first post...just NOT in Ti99/4a forums.

Hope everyone in the Ti Community had a Happy New Year! :-)

Sincerely,...

Jt

If pcoderdude is real, I hope I didn't offend.

If any lurkers ( not a bad thing ) want to meet up in real life for conversation and coffee, start by joining the online conversation, add some photos to the pinned thread for system photos, share a bit about yourself. Try the high score competition. You just have to make yourself known through a little participation. :)

There are several of us in the Portland Oregon area, and some of us even get together for lunch occasionally.

There are many right ways to start a conversation, if one doesn't work, try another.

-M@

So does the pcoder part of pcoderdude refer to the UCSD p-System or to some later software using a form of pseudocode? There are several UCSD Pascal programmers here.

Also, keep your April calendar open for the Fest West, as that is one place/time where all of the folks out that way have an opportunity for FTF conversation and computing fun.

• 5 years later...
On 2/7/2016 at 1:57 AM, globeron said:

The demo video (youtube ti99videos) I only ran it on Samsung Win Duos - Android 4.1.2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwvaeA1xbYg

(and have the same scrambled letters problem on Xiami Mi 4 - Android 5.0.2)

com.emllabs.droid99_2014-10-03.apk

Developer:

https://github.com/elorimer/droid99

https://ericlorimer.com/droid99

• Like 1